Newbie with pics

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

TheImpMan

Newbie with pics

Post by TheImpMan »

Hello all,

Thought I'd start my first ever post on here as an introduction...ya know, break in the newbie. The name's Pete. I've mainly been found on the OC but thought it about time I took a look about and found out what the other MR2 forums had to offer rather that take other peoples word for it.

I've had my MR2 since the beginning of the year and never looked back. Had a Celica some time ago and loved the Jap reliability, got fed up of breaking down with other cars so thought it about time to head back to Jap and have a little fun whilst I have no need for rear seats or space.

I've got a rev 1 UK car in black. I've now got rev 3 wheels, rev 2 bib spoiler on the front, clear toyota front indicators, rev 3 high level brake light, rev 3 rear lights and panel with US spec red side markers that light up and tinted red indicators to blend in to the rest of the red cluster. Also cleaned up the engine bay.

Bought it for £1650 with no MOT and little tax though I knew it would sail through an MOT which it did. It's got 127K on the clock, 116K when purchased in Feb and is my daily driver. I've got my own ICE but it came with the active sub system which has now been upgraded to the premium active sub (one sub behind each seat)

Here are some pics of it:

Cheers,

Pete
Quigonjay

Re: Newbie with pics

Post by Quigonjay »

sssccchhhhaaaawwwwiiinnngggg :mrgreen:

nice :thumleft:
steve

Post by steve »

thought that car looked familiar, welcome to IMOC Pete :D

P.S. have you still got the part number for the US spec red triangles?

cheers
Steve
TheImpMan

Post by TheImpMan »

steve wrote:thought that car looked familiar, welcome to IMOC Pete :D

cheers
Steve

Yeah, still got them, I'll PM them over to you, will look very nice on your car. I can lend you some red tinting spray too if you need :wink:
steve

Post by steve »

TheImpMan wrote:
steve wrote:thought that car looked familiar, welcome to IMOC Pete :D

cheers
Steve

Yeah, still got them, I'll PM them over to you, will look very nice on your car. I can lend you some red tinting spray too if you need :wink:

nice one :D gonna order a new set of rev3 lights 1st ;)
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

Very clean example mate. =D>
ben laden

Post by ben laden »

very clean engine mate! your work??

Ben

www.sw-20.co.uk
craig

Post by craig »

Very nice and clean mate!!

can you PM me the part number for the US red triangles for the rev 3 lights?

I have all four brake and tail at the mo, but want the side markers lit up like yours..

Much appreciated for the info!

Cheers,

Red
TheImpMan

Post by TheImpMan »

ben laden wrote:very clean engine mate! your work??

Ben

www.sw-20.co.uk

Yeah, Spent an afternoon stripping it down, cleaning it all up and refitting. The result as you see was well worth it. My neighbour thought I was mad as it looked pretty clean before hand. I just wanted to go that one step further for the ultra shiney factor.
TheImpMan

Post by TheImpMan »

stevenb wrote:Very clean example mate. =D>

The lady owner who had it previous took great care of it. She was a member of the drivers club and kept it with a Toyota Service history to date. Even if a bulb had blown, she took it back to Toyota for it to be fixed. I just knew I was on to a winner when I saw it. Even when you open up the front boot, the inner arches/suspension mountings are sparkling clean. Hence why it seemed rude not to put the extra effort in to make the engine sparkle.
TheImpMan

Post by TheImpMan »

RedMR² wrote:Very nice and clean mate!!

I have all four brake and tail at the mo, but want the side markers lit up like yours..

Cheers,

Red

You have mail

Pete
michael

Post by michael »

Looks like:

Bargain + Elbow Grease = Cracking MR2

=D>

Welcome to IMOC BTW.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Just the job m8, looks fantastic. :wink:
craig

Post by craig »

TheImpMan wrote:
RedMR² wrote:Very nice and clean mate!!

Cheers,

Red

You have mail

Pete

Cheers matey! Top fella =D>
ben laden

Post by ben laden »

TheImpMan wrote:

Ben

www.sw-20.co.uk

Yeah, Spent an afternoon stripping it down, cleaning it all up and refitting. The result as you see was well worth it. My neighbour thought I was mad as it looked pretty clean before hand. I just wanted to go that one step further for the ultra shiney factor.

What did you use to clean it with???

Ben
TheImpMan

Post by TheImpMan »

ben laden wrote:
TheImpMan wrote:

Ben

www.sw-20.co.uk

What did you use to clean it with???

Ben

The exhaust and fire wall heat sheilds I got my polishing kit on to bring them up to a high polish. The cam cover, inlet and tvis I painted. Didn't bother with high temp paint as you simply don't need it, it's a waste of money and high temp silver doesn't shine as much as the stuff I used. Keeping a bit hush about the exact paint I used for now as to date, the only other shiney engines like mine have been polished, not painted, but they are higher maintanence to keep shiney :wink: I'd like to keep my car just that slight bit different to everyone else for as long as possible :mrgreen:

Return to “Member Profiles”