www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev1 Turbo - Would I need a capicitor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> ICE and Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IMR2T
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev1 Turbo - Would I need a capicitor? Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'm replacing all the speakers with components and was aiming to run them off a 5-600watt 4ch amp along with the sub(or a new sub).

I've noticed when I put the window down there's a small drop in revs tempoarily.

I know nothing wiring an amp etc but I'm keen to learn.

With regard to the car being 25yrs old would I nd a capacitor or will the altenator etc be ok?
thomp1983
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 45

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

No system ever needs a power cap There a poor work around for not wiring a system properly.

If you find your getting significant voltage drop with your setup fitted then you need to upgrade the big 3 wires to bigger cables. your 600w amp us probably going to be 300wrns at best the stock wiring should be fine with it.
IMR2T
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Interesting.

Sorted. Good to know [thumleft]

I haven't bought an amp yet, what are the 3 big wires?
thomp1983
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 45

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

There battery negative to chassis, engine earth to chassis and battery positive to alternator, they want to be a minimum of 4awg cable 0awg is preferable, welding earth wire is a cheap alternative just add extra runs alongside the factory cables
IMR2T
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Sorted, thanks for that mate [thumleft]
madbasshunter
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 96

1991 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I cheated and instead of running an extra cable from alternator to battery I used the battery to starter cable Toyota fitted. So went from alternator to starter with 0gauge

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic [Shocked]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> ICE and Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: