My first car - yellow Rev 3 N/A

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mcflurry

Re: My first car - yellow Rev 3 N/A

Post by Mcflurry »

Completely agree. Just not beige ha.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Mcflurry wrote:Completely agree. Just not beige ha.

haha, they are actually pearlescent white, hard to get a picture of them :)
Mcflurry

Post by Mcflurry »

I've sent the car back up North for the Winter, it'll definitely fare better in the garage than down here on the street!

Had an interesting month regarding wheels. I managed to source a set to check the fitment vs. my current wheels (thanks Clifford btw!), and it made me even more sure that I want to get rid of them.

Unfortunately budget is a huge issue, so I gave the test wheels back and went off to cry for a little bit.

Then, as if the MR2 Gods had been listening, a set of Enkei RP-01s appear on gumtree. In good condition, with the correct fitment, for £99!

And now they're mine. It'll be several months until they see the car, which may give me a chance to refurbish them but undecided.

philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

£99.00 Bargain :thumleft:
Donato

Post by Donato »

That is a proper bargain!!
Mcflurry

Post by Mcflurry »

Managed to get the MR2 out a couple of times since being home. Frosty roads are not it's best friend, as I found out!

Nevertheless, had the most fun I've ever had driving yesterday. Roof off, hat and gloves on, was bloody brilliant. The heater is fab, and it's just so good even on the roughest of roads, and even at slower speeds.

Kept dipping in and out of the fog in my valley, didn't want to go home!

slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

Mcflurry wrote:Managed to get the MR2 out a couple of times since being home. Frosty roads are not it's best friend, as I found out!

Nevertheless, had the most fun I've ever had driving yesterday. Roof off, hat and gloves on, was bloody brilliant. The heater is fab, and it's just so good even on the roughest of roads, and even at slower speeds.

Kept dipping in and out of the fog in my valley, didn't want to go home!

That quite simply is one of the best posts I have read on here in a long, long time - surely this is what owning a two is all about :thumleft:
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

lovely car mate

i too wanted a yellow 2 but also wanted a rev5 and the urge for the rev5 took over haha

agree with your wheel choice though suit mr2's to a T

Image :wink:

nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Lovely cars! I still dip in here from time to time to have a look and it always pains me after selling my old yellow 2.
ads

Post by ads »

Bargain wheels ! Love it !

Thought I'd done well with mine but those look really tidy, awesome :)
craig

Post by craig »

Mcflurry wrote:

Then, as if the MR2 Gods had been listening, a set of Enkei RP-01s appear on gumtree. In good condition, with the correct fitment, for £99!

Massive bargain! I've just picked up a set of Enkei RP-01 wheels

17x8 ET38
17x9 ET38

Mine are missing center caps, but I wish mine only cost a 100 quid!

Nice buy!

:thumleft:
C35Rob

Post by C35Rob »

this

is awesome, I wish my car was yellow! unfortunately my girlfriend has a deep seated hatred for yellow cars, stupid woman.
Mcflurry

Post by Mcflurry »

Little update. Cars still going as strong as ever. I think I'm up to nearly 4000 miles over the last ten months, alot of that city driving with some M1 runs in there too.

The yellow's still a bit marmite on some people. I nearly considered selling it and finding a nice carribbean Blue example, but my dad and brother said I couldn't sell the daffodil! Think they love the yellow even more than me.

I also had a weird week where I wanted this, Alot.

I'm going to put the Enkeis on in the next few weeks, need some advice on tyre size though. Theyre 16x7 ET35 and 16x8 ET38. What size shall I go for? Don't want to rub and I'm not going low any time soon. Also, I think i Read somewhere the centre bores are different? Where's the best place to get spigot rings or will it be fine without?

The speakers behind the seat on the drivers side has fallen out of position I think so might need to do some investigation there.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

205/45R16 front, 225/45R16 rear. 205/50R16 and 225/50R16 rear will also fit as long as you don't go too low.

Spigot rings are a must if the centre bores don't match.
Mcflurry

Post by Mcflurry »

Had the wheels on for a few months now. Rear tyres are a slightly iffy profile but there is a noticable improvement already in the handling.

Had quotes to get the wheels painted silver and a few little blemishes fixed which are annoying me. BUT head says get it in for a good service and better tyres on the rear. Priorities!

I'm now past 125,000 miles, which means I've put on over 5,000 in the last year. Apart from a couple of things it's been faultless. (however in the last week my air cons stopped blowing cold. Before I get it re-gassed might there be any other reasons why it would just stop?)

And my cigarette lighter doesn't charge my sat nav. These wouldn't be connected?

Return to “Member Profiles”