Dell

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Dell

Post by Martin F »

Bought a new laptop, after a few days use it turned off for no reason, this continued randomly for a few months, customer services was difficult to get through to, when i finally get through i spent 90 minutes being told to try this and try that... ](*,)
The screen also had dead pixels in it so they arranged collection for repair.

They put in a new motherboard, new screen and new battery, take it out the packaging on it's return, get it running, pick it up and it turns itself off ](*,)

Then a few minutes after start up it says catalyst control not working. , within hours i lost the picture and it said trd_card failure.

I did a factory reset and all was ok for about a month (apart from laptop turning itself off) then trd_failure came back. the only fix is a factory reset and that only last a few months.

They then ignored my complaint, then when someone does get in touch they go through the same pa-lava as before, i only went with dell because others said they were a good company to deal with, my experiences are exactly the opposite, i wouldn't use them again, just posting this as a word of warning to others, if things go wrong with your purchase they aren't reliable, my warranty is now over and my laptop is slowly doing my head in, Thanks Dell :clap: :clap:
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: Dell

Post by Peter Gidden »

LBA then SCC.

SOGA - not fit for purpose and reasonable expectation. Neither affected by warranty term.

Return to “Trader Feedback”