Potential mk3 2zzge owner coming your way

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

sadlebag

Potential mk3 2zzge owner coming your way

Post by sadlebag »

Hi guys and girls

Well my name is James and im currently driving round in a st205 gt4, the car is amazing had it running 365bhp but the endless things that seem to be going wrong and the latest believed to be valve stem seals, im thinking of breaking it up.

Now for the next car I didn't fancy big power again, yet i still wanted to have fun playing with a car and making it a bit different. so ive decided on a mk3 for two reasons 1) its very light and very affordable 2) it seems there are a few options out there to make it different without breaking the bank.

The route I've chosen is to find a clapped out mk3 with a dodgy engine but a good body (thanks to the oval piston problem there appears to be a few) I've already sourced a celica 190 which will be my doner car and it has a freshly brand new built engine in it with new clutch and lightened Flywheel.

Now I've done a few engine swaps now but this time im going to give it to someone else to transplant as i know a few electrical things need doing and this really isn't my cup of tea. So living in the Portsmouth area who around here can do it and roughly what cost?

Thanks and looking forward to meeting some of you at JAE, ill be in the smoky yellow GT4
Ekona

Re: Potential mk3 2zzge owner coming your way

Post by Ekona »

I'd be taking the car to Rogue, personally.
sadlebag

Post by sadlebag »

Cheers, I'll get on and send them an email.
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

i've not used them personally but another alternative is Bonsai Car Services They installed Alex Knights 2zz on MR2ROC

Stuart
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
cabbydave1

Post by cabbydave1 »

Rogue are not cheap for the 2zz conversion why not have a word with Headcase on here or tb. He is making maf sensor housings and the bridge mount you need for the engine mounting. He is currently doing a 2zz conversion for his wife and im sure would book another one in in his garage. I know their labour rates are cheaper than Rogues , If you go and see him you can look at his sw20 spyder with the v6 in.
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

headcase

I sent him a message about maybe doing mine but as he's a trader on here I thought I'd let him respond himself, As he hasn't, maybe send him a PM :)

Stuart
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
cabbydave1

Post by cabbydave1 »

I'd pm him as he's been busy getting cars ready for jae
P Chambers Motor and Body
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by P Chambers Motor and Body »

Jaspa wrote:headcase

I sent him a message about maybe doing mine but as he's a trader on here I thought I'd let him respond himself, As he hasn't, maybe send him a PM :)

Stuart

hi stuart i did reply but i resend the message again if you want sorry if you didnt get it patrick
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

P Chambers Motor and Body wrote:
Jaspa wrote:headcase

Stuart

hi stuart i did reply but i resend the message again if you want sorry if you didnt get it patrick

Oh no, sorry I didn't mean that at all :oops: , What I was trying to say was that I didn't want to mention you incase you weren't interested and as you are on here you would probably see this thread and follow it up yourself.

Erm saddlebag, This guy here will see you right :thumleft:

Stuart
P Chambers Motor and Body
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by P Chambers Motor and Body »

Ok mate lol not a problem :-)
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Hi mate .. i'm currently blasting about in a st205 too (lots of fun) looking forward to your mk3 project make sure to put it in imoc members profiles projects .

Best of luck mate :thumleft:

Would love to know how you got so much hp out of a st205 .. pm me if you want to share info :thumleft:

Kev.

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”