Red Tubby - dartford

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bumble-bee

Red Tubby - dartford

Post by Bumble-bee »

Hi guys.... Earlier today, well half hour ago 21:30 I was dropping oil off to my brother at darenth valley hospital (owns a tt so typical audi) on my travels I got to the roundabout near the on the run garage and new drive through mc Donald's and there it was! Had to get past some stupid taxi to get behind the fellow Mr2 who flashed me with his fogs and then we tore up the road to the hospital where he went off, that's all the info I got but hope they are on here! They are legends! Only other mr2's I've seen down even flap their headlights let alone rip up some road!
danjama

Re: Red Tubby - dartford

Post by danjama »

Hi mate, that was me :D Was going to ask about you :lol:

Rare enough to see one in the rear view, thanks for playing along :mrgreen:

Your 2 looked very good! :thumleft:
Bumble-bee

Post by Bumble-bee »

Yes!! I came on here looking to see if you asked but thought it was a bit early being that is happened like 30 minutes ago :')

Didn't know if you could see that it was another mr2 and I had to get past that taxi somehow! :P

Well what's the point in having a tubby if you can't tear it it ;) yours sounded nice name what exhaust is on it? - wondered if you were going to pull away or not ;)

Thanks man she needs a lot of work yet, mechanically she's fine but cosmetics - fog light cable tided on, faded yellow paint and could of war wounds but I'll get her sorted :)
danjama

Post by danjama »

Yeah it took me a while to get home as I was dropping the girlfriend home and I live in Romford!

I didn't actually see you until you were right behind me :mrgreen:

I didn't see the point in pulling away, much better in convoy 8) The exhaust is a early Kakimoto racing exhaust, pretty rare :thumleft:

Good luck with getting it fixed up. It looked clean enough but the dark is very kind to our cars :mrgreen:

Are you going to any localish meets in the future? Always wanted an mr2 buddy to tag along with. I'll be going to this which you need to put your name down for if you want to come along, always a good meet but need to finish work early or take day off:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... %2F03%2F15

There's also this if you want to come along:

https://www.facebook.com/events/693895880728755

That is if you're actually local!
Bumble-bee

Post by Bumble-bee »

That's alrogjt man thought you had a passenger! Well you're just over the bridge, im in Swanley, do you use the car as your daily? I haven't seen it before well I've only seen one silver non turbo around and his no fun!

Ahhh I like that! Unique sound! I want a duel exit on mine - might as well keep with the mongoose it came with - too quiet though

Yeah she's a bit dirty but getting a little wax tonight :)

Ahh see Id love to man! I'm going to a few little meets like and bluey - one tonight - haven't really been to a big one yet! I'm only 19 😂
JD

Post by JD »

hey yallz. I'm in that general area (Bromley) so once weather is better, you might see me around as well. pkmr2 pete isn't a million miles away as well I think, so that's two more red turbos you may encounter :)
Bumble-bee

Post by Bumble-bee »

Niceeee :) think I'm the only one in yellow ;) there was a red turbo in the hospital car park last night actually?!? If any one knows who it could be :)
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

JD wrote:hey yallz. I'm in that general area (Bromley) so once weather is better, you might see me around as well. pkmr2 pete isn't a million miles away as well I think, so that's two more red turbos you may encounter :)

Pete nay not be as million miles away (he's moved) but his cars at my house
Bumble-bee

Post by Bumble-bee »

There's a red non turbo in bexleyheath just left on someone's drive, and a white non turbo on bedonwell road that's actually gets used but I'm not sure who by
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

pistol pete wrote:
JD wrote:hey yallz. I'm in that general area (Bromley) so once weather is better, you might see me around as well. pkmr2 pete isn't a million miles away as well I think, so that's two more red turbos you may encounter :)

Pete nay not be as million miles away (he's moved) but his cars at my house

Hi All just scanning the forum and spotted this post yes moved to Meopham so about 20 mins from Dartford. Will pop down and reunite myself with Car and pistol soon :thumleft:
Bumble-bee

Post by Bumble-bee »

Is that yours in your picture? Mannnn that is nice!! Good paint job by the looks of things
danjama

Post by danjama »

It really does make a difference when the paint/bodywork is looking good 8)
Bumble-bee

Post by Bumble-bee »

Yeahhh :) how do I upload a picture I'll show you mine :)
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

Bumble-bee wrote:Is that yours in your picture? Mannnn that is nice!! Good paint job by the looks of things

My car always looks better in the pictures tbh its a goer not a shower :D :thumleft:

danjama

Post by danjama »

Bumble-bee wrote:Yeahhh :) how do I upload a picture I'll show you mine :)

You need to host the picture - either flickr, photobucket, imgur etc. Then put the link here. :thumleft:
danjama

Post by danjama »

pkmr2 wrote:
Bumble-bee wrote:Is that yours in your picture? Mannnn that is nice!! Good paint job by the looks of things

My car always looks better in the pictures tbh its a goer not a shower :D :thumleft:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i411/spike3287/blat4.jpg[/URL]

Thats probably true for most mr2's :lol:
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

pkmr2 wrote:

Looks good in metal too :thumleft:

Am in Romford quite a lot, so not far from some of you guys too.

Bumble-bee

Post by Bumble-bee »

Danjama - are you on the A2 stuck in traffic to get to the dartford crossing? Just went past a red tubby stuck in a massive que.... If it's you good luck 😝 I don't know if you saw me in the fast lane
Bumble-bee

Post by Bumble-bee »

Think I've got these photos right if not let me know but here's my baby :) paints a little faded but I'm taking care of her

Image[/img]
danjama

Post by danjama »

Hi mate, no that wasn't me, i sold my red one last week and bought this:

ImageMR2 Turbo T-bar by danjama, on Flickr

Look out for me :thumleft:

Your car looks good, how does the stock exhaust sound?[/img]

Return to “Spotted”