BRAND NEW 'ARC' style Intake Box - Run of 20 units only!

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ashley

Re: BRAND NEW 'ARC' style Intake Box - Run of 20 units only!

Post by ashley »

androo007 wrote:Not available for the MR2 according to that website. Only panel filters.

You would need to buy one of there general use air boxes, and they bolt straight onto the 3S engine...picture from my old track car:

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r420 ... 3/BMC3.jpg
kev8611

Post by kev8611 »

Great idea... but it is expensive.

Hopefully im not coming across all dragons den here but i only mean good with this.

I think your main problem is that your trying to sell a top end part to people that they havent even seen or has not been tested.

perhaps see if they can make a prototype for you and put it on the rollers and lets see some figures.

if the workmanship is as good as you make it sound and there is a substantial gain over cheaper options then people will splash out.... but not on something that doesnt exist. To get 20 names on this is a big ask. Yes ok you say it looks like an arc but people will still want to see it.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

Absolutely mate, completely understand.

It is actually, a carbon copy of an ARC, I gave my original over and then it was measured, CAD designed etc etc.

If I got a reasonable amount of interest I'd have got a sample made up etc etc but seems almost 0.

I got it down further in the end but didn't persue further due to the general lack of interest and not near the £250 i think people expect

Maybe I'll continue other avenues for smaller numbers and cheaper options but thanks for the feedback :-)
androo007

Post by androo007 »

ashley wrote:
androo007 wrote:Not available for the MR2 according to that website. Only panel filters.

You would need to buy one of there general use air boxes, and they bolt straight onto the 3S engine...picture from my old track car:

http://i354.photobucket.com/albums/r420 ... 3/BMC3.jpg

I see....... Hmm yes I guess that would work. I guess what I like about the ARC is the huge open surface area of the panel filter
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

androo007 wrote:I guess what I like about the ARC is the huge open surface area of the panel filter

Do a bit of research on max. CFM of engine etc., and choose a filter that suits.

No point in using something unnecessarily over-size.
Nails

Post by Nails »

When you say the ARC boxes went for for over 350 quid 10+ years ago MR2s were a lot more expensive too. Infact most tuning stuff was much more expensive then imo. I paid a grand for a set of coilovers that I could buy a much better set for 450 now.

I'd of like to have seen these made and may have been interested but not at that price.

I'm out.

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”