whats a good price for rev5 wheels?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

projectprelude

whats a good price for rev5 wheels?

Post by projectprelude »

I have some i might flog

Fronts 195/55r15 Bridgestone Potenza. I have had them on there since i brought the car 13months ago and theres still loads of tread they dont need replacing

Rears Nankangs
225/50R15
One of them is in very good condition i replaced it when i changed the wheels back over for winter so about October04 time. The other is ok i wouldnt say dangerous theres still enough on it but would watch it. The middle is a little worn but still legal.

Wheels are perfect no curbing i think theres a very small nick in one of them from what i can rember on one of the spokes but its hardley visable.

They should have a spike style centercap but they dont so they have team dynamic caps on.
Kieron

Re: whats a good price for rev5 wheels?

Post by Kieron »

You know, these wheels used to go for fortunes, aren't they something like 400 quid a corner from the local stealership?

Then about 6 months ago a set went on ebay for £200, and then it happened again so gawd knows what someone will pay for them.

I think they are stunning, if I wanted original wheels back on I would snap them up immediately.

How much were you thinking they will fetch?
shafster

Post by shafster »

they are fetching between £100 and £150 nowadays
craig

Post by craig »

Kieron wrote:the local stealership

lol :lol:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

projectprelude wrote:I have some i might flog

Fronts 195/55r15 Bridgestone Potenza. I have had them on there since i brought the car 13months ago and theres still loads of tread they dont need replacing

Rears Nankangs
225/50R15
One of them is in very good condition i replaced it when i changed the wheels back over for winter so about October04 time. The other is ok i wouldnt say dangerous theres still enough on it but would watch it. The middle is a little worn but still legal.

Wheels are perfect no curbing i think theres a very small nick in one of them from what i can rember on one of the spokes but its hardley visable.

They should have a spike style centercap but they dont so they have team dynamic caps on.

PP, if you are going to sell them, please put them up in the 'Items for Sale' section rather than here in the General section.
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

He's not trying to sell them here. He's simply asking as to the value of the wheels. Once he has his answer then no doubt he'll put them in the For Sale section :wink:

Mikejc
dai21t

Post by dai21t »

I bought some (slightly shabby) with 3 good tyres for £60. Seems I had a bargain!
projectprelude

Post by projectprelude »

PP, if you are going to sell them, please put them up in the 'Items for Sale' section rather than here in the General section

yep no problem. As mike said just getting an opinion dont wanna sell myself short.

Anyone know where i can get the centers for them from?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
are you sure!! i wouldnt bother for that much rather keep em and sell the chromes seprate ehrn i sell the car.
shafster

Post by shafster »

yep, i sold some last year with tyres for about £130
Kieron

Post by Kieron »

projectprelude wrote:
PP, if you are going to sell them, please put them up in the 'Items for Sale' section rather than here in the General section

yep no problem. As mike said just getting an opinion dont wanna sell myself short.

Anyone know where i can get the centers for them from?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
are you sure!! i wouldnt bother for that much rather keep em and sell the chromes seprate ehrn i sell the car.

It's amazing isn't it, I think theses wheels were absolutely beautiful when they started to appear on the 2, and the price they commanded matched it. Whilst I wouldn't have paid £400 a corner for an alloy without tyre (although some members did if I recall) I certainly think they are valuable, especially with good tyres, however, as Shaf points out - commercially they aren't valuable anymore....

I'd keep them, somebody will be "upping" the look of an early Rev car to the Rev 5 look and will snap your hand off at a half decent price.

Whatever you do, don't let them go at a giveaway price!
projectprelude

Post by projectprelude »

nah i wont i would rather keep them there amazingly light against chrome wheels.

Charlie_kerr

Post by Charlie_kerr »

Thanks Nick,

Looks good, what I really need is a set of bare rims, got a complete set of new tyres fitted to car 3 weeks ago.

Do not want to spend extra for more tyres.

Many thanks for posting. :)

Kerr (Charlie_kerr)
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

i bought some off ebay for 150 they were bubbled to f*ck but then spent £220 on refurbin WITH LAQUER so now they are new, i luv em!

6 months ago MTTE were selling A set for £1000! strange

tis mine. Iwould re sell for £400 anyway.

rev3.

Image[/u]

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”