ECU help needed 3SFE to 3SGE

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ewelve01

ECU help needed 3SFE to 3SGE

Post by ewelve01 »

Hi guys im stuck, I had my car serviced at the local garage when I went to pick it up the bottom end was knocking and the engine blew. I bought a Celica 3SGE engine and ECU (my old engine was a 3SFE) I was told everything would match up except the ECU, I would need a loom or re-pin my old loom. Can anyone advise what to do I just cant work it out. ](*,)
bobhatton

Re: ECU help needed 3SFE to 3SGE

Post by bobhatton »

ewelve01 wrote:Hi guys im stuck, I had my car serviced at the local garage when I went to pick it up the bottom end was knocking and the engine blew. I bought a Celica 3SGE engine and ECU (my old engine was a 3SFE) I was told everything would match up except the ECU, I would need a loom or re-pin my old loom. Can anyone advise what to do I just cant work it out. ](*,)

I would get the loom for your new engine to go with the ECU
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
ewelve01

Re: ECU help needed 3SFE to 3SGE

Post by ewelve01 »

That's the problem the loom went with the rest of the Celica into the crusher, does any rev MR2 loom fit with this engine?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”