a spirited drive..

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

SrSilkie

a spirited drive..

Post by SrSilkie »

Ok so slightly overcast today but where I am the roads are bone dry. Naturally this had me eager to take the MR2 out a run as it has been the first dry day I have had the time to go a proper drive. My intentions were initially to take it easy and just cruise but before long I was on the B roads enjoying a spirited run! I could not help myself. Now between the S2000 filter and the Fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust the car sounds absolutely fantastic, jet like in fact, however I enjoy this every day. What I really appreciated was how the car drove, it is on stock wheel/tyre sizes and standard suspension but my god what a beautiful B road setup. It felt so well balanced in comparison to my old Starlet GT Turbo and so rewarding when you drive it smoothly, get your braking done before the corner and ease back on the power to carry you out the bend. By no means was I driving like a lunatic nor on the limit just purely enjoying the layout of the car. It got me thinking...I have always wanted a Supra as my dad had one and cherished it for 15 years, left the country and sold it before I came of age to drive, never thought anything would come close to the love I had for that car, until my MR2, I absolutely love it and cant help thinking maybe this is my Supra.

Anyway, just thought I would share my experience and love for MR2's, I will have a smile on my face for the rest of the night :D
Draven

Re: a spirited drive..

Post by Draven »

Can't wait to get mine sorted after reading this. :mrgreen:
glen n

Post by glen n »

I'm just back from the highland drive and as always the cars were pushed hard. It's one of the only times I get to drive the car properly. I think if there's someone out front who can spot any danger then it's brilliant!
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

I really need to take my car on some epic UK roads this summer! Looking forwards to some good trips, just need to get some routes together...
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
synXero

Post by synXero »

A bit pi$$y and wet today but had an hour or two so went for a spin myself. Really enjoyed it!
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Yeah the weathers poor here too.

I have a 2 hour drive up north to Aberdeen tonight, it will not be spirited nor will it be fun. Worst. Drive. Ever.
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

bloody rubbish weather, i took the bike to and from work today, regretting every second of it all the way there and all the way back, actually, i was glad on the way back as the traffic was awful, still got soaked though ](*,) ](*,)
glen n

Post by glen n »

I was thinking of going a blast if it was dry but it's pouring! I've got the bug after the highland drive. Hopefully dries up tomorrow.
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

Highland roads + 4 days of unbroken sunshine over Easter.
What else is there to say? Except that the run to/from Skye was epic!
glen n

Post by glen n »

Couldn't have asked for better weather over Easter! great weather and great road in great cars 8)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

glen n wrote:Couldn't have asked for better weather over Easter! great weather and great road in great cars 8)

my car will NEVER be getting driven in the wet once it's out the bodyshop :lol:
glen n

Post by glen n »

My car got driven properly on the highland drive,new paint or not! Had to test that turbo kit out!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

glen n wrote:My car got driven properly on the highland drive,new paint or not! Had to test that turbo kit out!

haha, aye, in that case i may have been forced to go out in the wet :D
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

glen n wrote:My car got driven properly on the highland drive,new paint or not! Had to test that turbo kit out!

Less braking next time though please... :lol: As I told you, your spring rate/damper combination needs a rethink. :wink:
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Currently in Mexico at the moment visiting my dad for a few months, missing the mr2 as it is let alone reading my old thread, having serious withdrawal symptoms here ](*,)

Roll on Spring :thumleft:
Black 94' GT-S Turbo

Return to “Driving Experiences”