4x4 drivers

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

JD

Re: 4x4 drivers

Post by JD »

Day to day, sometimes people are inconsiderate for whatever reason, late, stressed, angry - and most of the time this has no dire consequences, it's just a bit inconvenient. In your situation, it is true to say that those coming up have priority over those going down, and although distance may have made this irrelevant, you can speculate until all the cows have come home, died and turned to grass for the next cows to eat before anyone will really know why this person chose not to drive defensively in that situation. If holding his course and speed would have meant that both of you are unaffected then it's a shame I suppose but never mind. I cut someone up on a roundabout once - not deliberately, I just had a moment as I'm sure we all do. They might have spent the rest of their day mulling it over about how much of a danger I am to society or how it might have been spiteful, but really I felt like a prat and would've apologised if cars had little PA systems that meant we could all talk to each other.

"Everybody makes mistakes, it's why they put erasers on pencils." - Lenford 'Lenny' Leonard
GeoffC320

Post by GeoffC320 »

Thanks for all the input.

I guess it's fair to say that sometimes 'you just have to have been there', in a few years I guess we will all be driving around with GoPro's and the like and just post up the vids. Probably on reviewing some of those vids will also make us realise it didn't quite happen as we recalled!

I wouldn't say I'm any paragon of great driving but I'm certainly better than I used to be. Having said that...

In 27 years on the road I've had:

Probably 1 accident of my fault involving another driver,
3 no-fault knocks,
a couple of 'off-road incidents' :oops:
Pulled over I think 5 times total
No penalty points, ever

So I'm probably doing something right.

But generally, I know when someone is taking the pi$$. :wink:
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Love your rant Geoff .. For the record I think you were in the right :thumleft: