Ideal Engines on watchdog

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Poker Face

Ideal Engines on watchdog

Post by Poker Face »

I could just see the back of an MR2 on the ramp. I really hope a member hasn't put their car in with those cowboys.

They also offer 'reconditioned' engines sprayed silver.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Re: Ideal Engines on watchdog

Post by Ryan S »

No surprise at all, i'm just gobsmacked that they still get custom when a simple google search shows up nothing but red flags and horror stories!!
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

sheppy wrote:No surprise at all, i'm just gobsmacked that they still get custom when a simple google search shows up nothing but red flags and horror stories!!

People rarely check with these things, they just go for the lowest price. Odd thing really, when we are still talking several hundred or thousands of pounds!
Poker Face

Post by Poker Face »

A few years back I bought an engine of them but I'd said to the guy fitting the engine I was a bit concerned about their reputation. So he advised me to pay with visa and he'd check it out first. It was sprayed silver and a total mess inside and was in no way a recon engine.
Took a while to get the money back via visa. Which is probably why they only deal cash now. Absolute criminals imo.

If it is a member that has his car in there I hope he gives it a good going(with a real mechanic) over before he coughs up some cash.

Return to “Spotted”