[FINALIZED] Winter wheels

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

reggie

Winter wheels

Post by reggie »

A little early I know but I could do with getting some space back.

I have for sale a set of wheels which were the winter boots for my MR2. I only bought these last year and unfortunately no longer have my car so these are surplus to requirements. The set-up is as below:

Lenso Samurai - Matt Satin Black
Fronts - 16x7 with Nokian WR-D3 195/50r16
Rears - 16x8 with Nokian WR-D3 225/50r16

Black Tuner Wheel nuts (20)
Black Tuner McGard locking nuts (4)
3mm spacers (needed for rear wheels to clear the brake callipers. You'd probably get away with 1mm but I prefer to be cautious)

The tyres are all pretty much new as they have covered very few miles. 1 tyre is brand new due to a blow out on last years pot holes towards the end of the season. Replaced ready for this year only for the car itself not to make it.
The wheels are all unmarked and in 'as new' condition. The McGard wheel nuts come with the card containing the code to request replacement units against and as above, there are 4 spare black tuner wheel nuts! both sets of nuts come with the required adapter.

I'll be looking for £600 for all of the above collected. I can deliver within a reasonable distance.

shinny

Re: [FINALIZED] Winter wheels

Post by shinny »

For anyone who's not driven on proper winter tyres, I can tell you the difference is black and white compared to normal rubber.

I run decent wet weather tyres on my BMW, but once the temperature drops below about 7ºC, the car gets very slidey... it's like getting my car back when I fit my winter tyres! It's not just about snow, either; it's about having the right rubber compound for low temperatures. For anyone who daily drives their MR2 in the winter, I would strongly recommend thinking about these. :thumleft:
BobRob

Post by BobRob »

These still around?
reggie

Post by reggie »

Yep, they're still around.

Just in case people are unsure of the Nokian brand, these were the best winter tires I could find in the correct sizes and I tend to insist on the best where I can. As you can see from this review, these are extremely good.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nokian/WR-D3.htm

Here is an article from AutoExpress comparing the better of the tires available on the market last year and as you can see, these came out top even when compared to the likes of Continental, Goodyear, Michelin, Dunlop and Pirelli.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessorie ... kian-wr-d3
BobRob

Post by BobRob »

You have pm
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was BobRob

Return to “Mk2 Bodywork & Wheels ”