rFactor Toyota MR2 AW11 v0.91 Public Release

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dylbie

rFactor Toyota MR2 AW11 v0.91 Public Release

Post by dylbie »

So here it is guys...

MR2Factor Toyota MR2 AW11 Download

v0.91 Patch - Just extract the GameData file and then drop it in your rFactor folder and overwrite when prompted.

AW11 v0.91 Patch Download

Version 0.9 Beta Release includes:

MR2 Mk1b (Standard) - Toyota 4A-GE 1600cc I4 125bhp - All standard factory colours, and some Mk1a colours too (as there is no Mk1a model I've just painted the car to look like one.

MR2 Mk1.5 - Toyota 3S-GTE 2000cc I4 Turbo 300-400bhp - Inspired by Woodsport

MR2 Mk1.6 - Toyota 2GR-FE 3000cc V6 (Yes the one from the Lotus Evora!) 300ish bhp - Inspired by Woodsport

Track Attack Race Club MR2 Racing Series - Based on the Standard Mk1. Liveries from 2014

It now also includes:
Racing interiors for the race cars
6 different wheel options
Pop up headlights
Working lights
Working gauges
A huge rear spoiler for the boy racers amongst us.
Tin tops for the race series.
Talent files
RealFeel or standard FFB

Small Readme:

"Start off with the standard 1.6 NA. This car is relatively underpowered, 122bhp, so is hard to slide in the dry, just like the real thing it's fairly well planted.

Next try the MK1.6 V6. This has a lot more power as it has the Lotus Evora engine conversion. It's my personal favourite as the torque comes in very low down. It's not the fastest but its easy to break traction and slide. And it sounds awesome!

Then try the Turbo. This is the fastest and scariest. If you're brave, put the boost up to 10! It is a very hard car to drive.

The handling is pretty much the same on all cars. You can stiffen the rear ARB on the more powerful cars if you're having trouble putting the power down. Also the brakes can be quite tricky, especially on the faster cars. Try adjusting the bias and pressure if you're locking up and spinning. Try not to downshift too fast as you would in an F1 car as this will lock the rear wheels and you will spin. Bring the speed down first on the brakes, then downshift.

Install this on a fresh install of rFactor. Set your steering wheel settings to 360deg in your logitech controller profiler and also in your controller.ini. And for gods sake use the realfeel FFB in the upgrades, its what this mod is designed for!!! Some people who have tried it have said the steering is much too responsive. I don't know what's going on with that as it seems to work fine on a fresh install. I need to find out if it's a mod, plugin, or steering wheel issue.

Enjoy!
Last edited by dylbie on Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PW@Woodsport

Re: rFactor Toyota MR2 AW11 v0.91 Public Release

Post by PW@Woodsport »

That is awesome, i'll be on that all weekend now, great work, i especially like the Woodsport Mk1 V6.

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
dylbie

Post by dylbie »

Thanks Paul, the V6 and Turbo cars are quite tricky to drive in game!

I've got a server set up running Snetterton 200 so it would be great if you could come on and do a few laps and give some feedback sometime.

I know for a fact that the 2GR-FE gearbox has the wrong ratios, so could use some help there.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

You should download a track called "Hope" for the server so far it's the best one i've found.

I will be on this weekend for definite, is the server password protected?
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

I'm afraid i cannot get that download to install, tried a manual install sticking the separate folders in their places as well as unzipping straight to Rfactor main folder, getting all sorts of MAF errors?
dylbie

Post by dylbie »

Here is a v0.91 Patch I've been working on. Just extract the GameData file and then drop it in your rFactor folder and overwrite the bits from v0.9 when prompted.

AW11 v0.91 Patch Download

Patch includes:
A complete overhaul of the V6 and Turbo physics which now make the car a lot more controllable, and stable.
I've addressed the rear end stability issue on the standard and race cars with a fairly simple fix.
Minor HDV adjustments.
Added more skins to the race series.

This all needs testing out though as I've just got back from Greece, and I'm starting a new job on Wednesday so I'm a bit pushed for time!

Also, here is a link for live timing of the server. So if you want to view your laptimes or see if there is anyone to race against you can check here:
http://f1-sim-racer.liveracers.info/Liv ... MR2%20AW11

Cheers all
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Dylbie and i had a good session on this new version yesterday and it is much improved, we could do with more of you guys having a go and giving your feedback on the handling, i can see a virtual race series forming from this mod, it really is superb.
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

I'm a fan of rfactor too though I would like to join with SW20 :) If you accept only MK1, ok , I will have to learn to drive it :D
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

We are still learning to drive it ourselves so have a go and see what you think.
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

I will try it out today :thumleft:
Is there some quick contact possibility as skype or something in case I have problems connecting?
Superfly

Post by Superfly »

So where is the download? Because the link is for 'The Stanton Warriors' whoever they are.
dylbie

Post by dylbie »

Both links are in the first post. Download the v0.9 first, then download the v0.91 patch and drop the files in and overwrite.

I do have Skype if anyone is having any issues, so drop me a line on that [email protected]
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

I will join a server after 10min. Anyone else?

EDIT: can't find a track to download...
dylbie

Post by dylbie »

Snetterton 200 download: http://www.mediafire.com/?rlj9fd8abmximnz

Look for the server called F1SR MR2 AW11
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

All working.
GreddyMR2

Post by GreddyMR2 »

OK, so my thoughts.

Firstly, I tried a turbo version. Boost kick is terrible... It's so difficult to drive it. Anyway, I managed fastest lap with it, I guess it's normal as it's really poweful. Next thing, I felt a difference in tyres. Both turbo and race version have A048 tyres, but they are so slippery on a turbo.

V6 model has a great handling and it's a pleasure to drive it. I think it's perfect.

Race model is pretty easy to drive as well. Tyres hold very well.

All in all, great mod, just would do some modifications to turbo. I don't like that boost kick. I guess it has aftermarket turbo :D

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”