Strip removal

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

spikkey

Strip removal

Post by spikkey »

Hi guys, this has been probably covered before but I can't find the answer,so how do you remove the strip mouldings that go down the length of a 95 N/A especially the one above the side rear engine air intake? Are they bolted on or can you just lever them off?

Spikkey.
MartinF

Re: Strip removal

Post by MartinF »

There is a combination of clips, bolts and sometimes screws as well. That particular one you mention has a couple of bolts for which you need to remove the inner trim panel behind the seat to get at them.

But beware most of the bolts snap when undoing so try taking your time and working the nuts backwards and forwards.
Blue Lexus RCF
Black MKIV UK Manual Supra
Green MK2 MR2 Tin Top
spikkey

Side step

Post by spikkey »

Cheers mate
Thought there was to it than just easing it off from the outside.
Inside trim off it is then,
Then plenty of WD40. :pray:

Spikkey.
cosmos

Trims

Post by cosmos »

Whilst you are in that area behind the seat make sure you don't lose the nuts (deep socket) you are removing…e.g. blu-tac/tape also chance to remove the sill sponges.
snooplotty

Post by snooplotty »

Take care with the nut on the inside, the stud is about 2" long and if your not carefull you lose the nut. You need very small hands and all fingers to be double jointed to get it back
spikkey

Post by spikkey »

Cheers guys, I have taken off the interior panel to expose the seat belting assy and removed one of the sill sponges i take it there is only one per side?
Youre right it is tight in there!
spikkey

Sills

Post by spikkey »

I read some where that as well as KA sills you can use micra sills anyone a any experience of using them for the usual repair job that Mr2,s are prone to?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”