www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
What dash warning lights mean
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
letsgotothepub

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

dellams wrote:
Cheers for all the info guys! [thumleft]

Any idea what the light to the right of the battery one is? Its not on the page posted up. It looks like a square with a pipe each end and steam lines coming off the top? Maybe the rad or something?

I cant work it out, my car was fine and then yesterday the battery, the rad? and the engine bay fan lights all came on! Could it be the alternator maybe?

The rad fan at the front still works since I can hear it and when left idling it does not overheat. Ill check the engine bay fan tonight.

Cheers.

Hi, i also have this problem which happens randomly, i have a decat pipe fitted, can anyone shed any light on this?

Regards

Eric
dellams
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 4

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

In the end it did turn out to my alternator, it could be your alternator on its way out? Im not sure if they can play up or if they just go completely.

Mine went due to an oil leak from my seals going, you might want to check your alternator to see if it has any oil or any other gunk on it. Mine was coated!

Hope this helps.
progressed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

dellams wrote:
In the end it did turn out to my alternator, it could be your alternator on its way out? Im not sure if they can play up or if they just go completely.

Mine went due to an oil leak from my seals going, you might want to check your alternator to see if it has any oil or any other gunk on it. Mine was coated!

Hope this helps.

Exactly what happened to mine recently, pi$$ed me off to have to replace an already changed 140amp one.
dellams
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Yeah and my replacement one got coated pretty quick again but luckily managed to get the seals changed before it took out another one! [Smile]
kaitaz

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'd like to say thanks for the info even though I have just posted a question regarding warning lights!!! and I'm not even blonde... [Embarassed]
dellams
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

No worries, glad to help! [thumleft]
RST
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 24

2002 Toyota MR2

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Can anyone repair the link please? Just posted a link back to this but the link at the top of the page points to some kind of generic web page now.

...edit, here's the page now, sure it used to list dash lights and their meaning:

http://suspended.easyinternetsolutions.co.uk/?brand=fvs&d=www.turbomr2.co.uk
Bo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

here is a copy, but no images..

http://web.archive.org/web/20061202225306/http://www.turbomr2.co.uk/imocstuff/warn/
DAN_REV1_TURBO
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 37

1990 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Can we not get a copy of this with the symbols back up? It`s a shame this has gone down its pretty useful, hard to read the relevent bit without the symbol to clarify whats on your dash though.
SFLee
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 8

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

http://www.imoc.co.uk/technical/faq/warninglights/warninglights.htm

some how link to the same site
Mullen
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 11

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I had a dash light come on today that I couldn't find on here because the JDM clusters are different to the UK spec so I thought it might help someone else if there were pics of the differences.

JDM MR2 Mk2 Rev1 N/A 3SGE Auto.
Pauln
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 31

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I thought I'd post this in case it was useful for others:

I downloaded the original images from somewhere a while ago, and just cleaned them up and added a legend for my own reference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: