[FINALIZED] Toms Spoiler - RARE

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

l1ca

Toms Spoiler - RARE

Post by l1ca »

As title, Toms spoiler for sale, these are becoming harder and harder to come across, and even though im not fitting it to mine I was tempted to keep it for the rarity factor.

Absolutely beautiful on the sw20, just didn't fully match up with the rest of the kit im planning.

Designed for Rev 1 and 2, although will fit all Revs, but rev 3+ will need slightly modifying in order to match the aerial hole in the spoiler up with the aerial.

No dibs, first to pay gets it.

Pic (Note: Not of my spoiler, its currently at Petes, will update with an actual pic soon - but its exactly the same, although in black.)

Looking for £200, buyer to sort postage or very welcome to collect from Petes workshop.
Ginjaninja92

Re: [FINALIZED] Toms Spoiler - RARE

Post by Ginjaninja92 »

How exactly is this fitted? If I replace my Rev 1 spoiler with this surely I'll be left with the visible holes on the middle of the boot? Also from the photos its looks like its mounted on the rear quarter as opposed to the boot, so how does it raise with the boot?
Sorry for the awkward questions, but I am very interested and want to be sure before I go for it.
Thanks, Dan
Bamboo Rocket

Post by Bamboo Rocket »

Nice :D
synXero

Post by synXero »

Ginjaninja92 wrote:How exactly is this fitted? If I replace my Rev 1 spoiler with this surely I'll be left with the visible holes on the middle of the boot? Also from the photos its looks like its mounted on the rear quarter as opposed to the boot, so how does it raise with the boot?
Sorry for the awkward questions, but I am very interested and want to be sure before I go for it.
Thanks, Dan

Dan,

I'll jump in and answer this one as I had one of these spoilers.

The spoiler feet do not mount on the rear quarters, they mount on the bootlid. The spoiler swoops down past them and hovers over the rear quarter.

Note this car has the additional TOMS small spoiler.
gerbil1028

Post by gerbil1028 »

So no holes left in middle part to fill ??
One day the Phoenix will rise from the ashes.
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Would you swap for a rev5 spoiler?
Ginjaninja92

Post by Ginjaninja92 »

Thanks for the reply SynXero, that's good to know. So if you have this spoiler fitted, will you have visible holes in the rear quarters where the original wing-ends were? And I would need to buy a Toms lower spoiler as well?
Thanks
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

Apologies for the late reply, and thanks for jumping in and answering synXero.

I'm not too familiar with how the spoiler is constructed on the on the rev 1, I havnt been around that many to have a proper look, although it does look like the wing ends would need to be removed in order to fit this correctly.

And I would need to buy a Toms lower spoiler as well?

You don't not need the lower spoiler to fit this, although if you can find one I think it looks great, but with these Toms parts becoming rarer and rarer they are very difficult to find, I don't think ive ever seen one for sale!

Would you swap for a rev5 spoiler?

Sorry Gullzter, Im going to stick with the stock rev 3 spoiler for my car. but if you can get yours sold, then buy this one. The Rev 5 seems to sell like hot cakes! :thumleft:
Mullen

Post by Mullen »

Apologies for the terrible quality but the holes left when removing a rev1/2 spoiler are ringed in red.
Ginjaninja92

Post by Ginjaninja92 »

thanks for the reply l1ca, I've seen MR2-Ben is selling Toms style lower rear spoilers. Which would pair nicely with this and remove the issue of filling old screw holes in the boot. but I would still need to fill the holes in the rear quarters and get a fairly large area resprayed, as well as getting the spoilers sprayed. Hmmm, I'll need to think it over.

Thanks for your reply as well Mullen, that helps a lot.

Dan
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

No worries, it does sound like it'd be a bit of work but anything worth doing is usually the case, more so with cars ive found!

Any decent body-shop should be able to minimise the sprayed area whilst blending the new paint into the original.

I've seen MR2-Ben is selling Toms style lower rear spoilers.

I didnt realise they sold copies of the lower ones, thats pretty good news actually for anyone with a Toms upper spoiler. I think it looks fantastic with the upper and lower combo.

Im sure Josh wont mind me pic-whoring his beast out! :evil:
Ginjaninja92

Post by Ginjaninja92 »

Yeah it is seriously nice! I'll keep in touch over the next few days after I checked out bodyshop prices etc.
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

Bump, still available guys.

Awesome rare part here. :thumleft:
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

Bump. Open to sensible offers.
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »