Geo's Rev 5 Turbo

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GeorgeL

Re: Geo's Rev 5 Turbo

Post by GeorgeL »

I'll need to save up first... I'm a feeling the pinch with this thing :(

Indeed mate I'll be there... Still undecided on my tyre choice and not promising anything good from it given it's my first time and I'll be feeling the pressure no doubt. It's only for fun this year though to give me a benchmark to work from for next year. However I do have a time I want lol... It's my birthday weekend so I'll be upset if I don't get it considering I ain't able to drink this weekend haha! The sacrifice better pay off :lol:
Lee H

Post by Lee H »

I'm looking forward to seeing this at TOTB at weekend.

Wish you could talk Simon from YVS into bringing his car out of its retirement, miss seeing that thing at York Raceway.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I reckon we'll see you there then :thumleft:
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Lee H wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing this at TOTB at weekend.

Wish you could talk Simon from YVS into bringing his car out of its retirement, miss seeing that thing at York Raceway.

I nearly got him to do Totb wth me but in the end he wanted to come along to help out instead in the end.

He's been too busy to get it ready for it. Cause it's been sitting he would want to spend time going over it to make sure it's all gravy 8) .. But he didn't get the time sadly. I'm still working on it though for a later date... :) I'm hoping to get a run at York this year before the end of the season while the car is still full road trim so hopefully I can get him to bring along JET
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Magic Beans wrote:I reckon we'll see you there then :thumleft:

Awesome buddy! I'll look forward to it :thumleft:
Lee H

Post by Lee H »

GeorgeL wrote:

I nearly got him to do Totb wth me but in the end he wanted to come along to help out instead in the end.

He's been too busy to get it ready for it. Cause it's been sitting he would want to spend time going over it to make sure it's all gravy 8) .. But he didn't get the time sadly. I'm still working on it though for a later date... :) I'm hoping to get a run at York this year before the end of the season while the car is still full road trim so hopefully I can get him to bring along JET

I'm also hoping to get to York before the end of the year but my car seems to have other ideas as usual.

Engine bay in Simons car is amazing, hopefully you can get him back out, he told me he never has time as well.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

See you on Sunday George, good luck with the car. :D

Is there a pit/ VIP area or are the general public allowed to walk round where you are preparing the cars?
No 2 :(
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Lee H wrote:
GeorgeL wrote:

I'm also hoping to get to York before the end of the year but my car seems to have other ideas as usual.

Engine bay in Simons car is amazing, hopefully you can get him back out, he told me he never has time as well.

Ahh nice one buddy... Hopefully get to meet you there sometime then. Simon spoke highly of the job you did with yours mate.
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

MR2 Rich wrote:See you on Sunday George, good luck with the car. :D

Is there a pit/ VIP area or are the general public allowed to walk round where you are preparing the cars?

Awesome matey :) and thanks..

There is a pit area set up but you can come in no problem mate. It's open to public. Gets super busy haha!
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Nice one mate, see you, Simon and Liz there then. :mrgreen:
Lee H

Post by Lee H »

Hopefully get to meet you all on Sunday at TOTB, only know Simon up to now but your MR2 should be easy enough to find.
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Hopefully Rich! Will be good to see you matey.. Told Simon you are coming over and he said the same :)

Will be good to meet you Lee, hopefully catch you over the weekend! Just come over and say hello mate :)

I've just spent the day at Simons giving the car a quick clean and having a chat whilst melting in the heat lol
Lee H

Post by Lee H »

Good to catch up with you today and I think you ran really good times all things considered, proper drag strip will shave a few more tenths off.

Really liked the look of the stealthy car amongst the sea of silly spoilers and many stickers.
mr2toby

Post by mr2toby »

http://totb.co.uk/live_results/sunday/

Looks as if George was top of the rwd class b table on Sunday. Good to see his Mr2 putting in decent times.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

He did better than that Toby, I will let George post the full story. :thumleft:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Well done mate- very impressive, sets the bar a bit too high for the rest of us next year though :shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

What a weekend that was there.... Had an absolute blast at TOTB13 and met some really nice folk from this forum and also some really cool spectators!

Will do a write up tomorrow after work with pictures etc....
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Lee H wrote:Good to catch up with you today and I think you ran really good times all things considered, proper drag strip will shave a few more tenths off.

Really liked the look of the stealthy car amongst the sea of silly spoilers and many stickers.

Thanks Lee, it was great to meet you and your mrs.
Hopefully going to get to York in the next few weeks if all goes to plan to get a decent time down before the car gets taken to bits again.

Haha it did look a bit out of place compared to most... Probably one of the only cars that looked like it had just came in off the street lol!

MR2 Rich wrote:He did better than that Toby, I will let George post the full story. :thumleft:

:wink: :thumleft:

mr2toby wrote:http://totb.co.uk/live_results/sunday/

Looks as if George was top of the rwd class b table on Sunday. Good to see his Mr2 putting in decent times.

Haha I didn't know this was on the site until a friend was showing me on Sunday... I had spent all of Saturday constantly going to check the printed sheets and then Sunday morning after my first run doing the same lol!

ashley wrote:Well done mate- very impressive, sets the bar a bit too high for the rest of us next year though :shock: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Ashley... Was a great weekend for me in all :)

Haha don't be daft matey... I'm sure next year there will be a few of us right up there battling the deep pockets and big engines.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Let me know about York, George. Might take mine down the strip lol. \:D/
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

GeorgeL wrote:I'm sure next year there will be a few of us right up there battling the deep pockets and big engines.

Or light cars with smaller engines :-k :wink:

Return to “Member Profiles”