caution, your Mr2 WILL catch you out and try to kill you then eat you :)

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

SrSilkie

Re: caution, your Mr2 WILL catch you out and try to kill you then eat you :)

Post by SrSilkie »

Red Devil wrote:What wheel size are you running? I've used Toyo T1Rs, Falken 452s, and Goodyear Eagle F1s. The Goodyears are by some margin the best in the wet. The only issue is they're not available for 15" or 16" wheels.

I will be running 17s when I go for new tyres, quite a jump in price from my 15s
Black 94' GT-S Turbo
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

8J front 215/40/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3. 9J rear 245/40/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2. BC coilovers.

In the wet I tone it down by 15-20% and have yet to have the back get away from me. The price differential between the F1s and inferior rubber is a lot less than most people's insurance excess. It's totally false economy to skimp on tyres. I simply don't understand the mindset of those who do. :roll:

Something that many people fail to realise: it is the quality of your tyres (rather than drilled/grooved brake discs or whatever) which is the biggest factor in determining the stopping distance when you apply your welly to the middle pedal! C**p rubber = tears at bedtime.
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

Red Devil wrote:8J front 215/40/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3. 9J rear 245/40/17 Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2. BC coilovers.

In the wet I tone it down by 15-20% and have yet to have the back get away from me. The price differential between the F1s and inferior rubber is a lot less than most people's insurance excess. It's totally false economy to skimp on tyres. I simply don't understand the mindset of those who do. :roll:

Something that many people fail to realise: it is the quality of your tyres (rather than drilled/grooved brake discs or whatever) which is the biggest factor in determining the stopping distance when you apply your welly to the middle pedal! C**p rubber = tears at bedtime.

yeah totally agree on the tyres, I've stopped running F1's as I didn't like the D3 (D2's were awesome) but thinking on Pilot Sport 2's for the rears next time round - A for wet weather traction (a lot of that up here :( )

stopping distances, yeah totally however while crapped up brakes help no one it is the tyres are the limiting factor for that one single OMG stop. Had a few of them in my time :pale:

Return to “Driving Experiences”