Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CarBen Fibre Creations

Re: ..

Post by CarBen Fibre Creations »

Im sending the invoices out today to everyone that wants a fibreglass engine lid. The invoice will be £177.49 this is for the lid £199.99 minus deposit £42.50 plus £20 shipping.

Ordering will be based on first come first serve, we have one ready to be shipped and it should take around 2-3 weeks to make each of the others.

With regards to mesh we have decided it'll be best if you do that yourselves, its not ideal but with everyone wanting different styles and colors its difficult for us to get it right with all the other things we have going on at the same time.

As you can see from the photo below you can gain access to where the mesh needs to go easily so it wont be a big job just remember to secure it into place using a very strong adhesive or fibreglass.

juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

That's great news on the fibre glass engine lids.

Just my thoughts, but why not just offer black mesh in a smallish honeycomb mesh for those wanting carbon fibre?

On the original one you picked up from YVS, I had 2 lots of mesh in!! Both black lol

In guessing people are just picking a "mesh" of any description and would be guided by you.

If bought in a larger sheet, then cut down and fitted to the carbon engine lids, that's gotta be simpler and gives us a "nearly" finished product?!

In addition, should the CF lid be machine polished or lacquered?

My local body shop won't touch it as they say if it gets damaged they're not paying for it?!! :-k
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

CarBen Fibre Creations wrote:Im sending the invoices out today to everyone that wants a fibreglass engine lid. The invoice will be £177.49 this is for the lid £199.99 minus deposit £42.50 plus £20 shipping.

What happened to the 15% group buy discount? The initial price was £170 for the lid?

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Carben I have sent you a PM. Cheers.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Still awaiting reply on this, msg still in my outbox so guessing Ben has not been on to receive it. I have not paid my Paypal invoice yet as it is for the fibreglass lid, I want carbon ideally. If it is not going to be available in carbon i will process the payment, or if it is change my invoice amount. Just need to let me know. :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

PM sent again Ben, I will take the fibreglass one instead as my car is having some painting done anyway, ideal time to fit and paint. Cheers.
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

I take it that the price was ammended? I just got an email saying the invoice was cancelled..

Ill pay for this once im back from college.. been christmas shopping so waiting on my expenses coming back
CarBen Fibre Creations

simba90 wrote:

What happened to the 15% group buy discount? The initial price was £170 for the lid?

Sorry about that I was working on the full price, I have amended all the invoices and refunded Rich the difference.

GeorgeL wrote:I take it that the price was ammended? I just got an email saying the invoice was cancelled..

Ill pay for this once im back from college.. been christmas shopping so waiting on my expenses coming back

Yes mate I was working on the incorrect prices, Ive dropped the invoices by £30 to tally up with the 15% discount :thumleft:
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Ah no worries Ben sounds good mate. Should probably be able to fire the cash over on Monday :)
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Apparently this had landed back home Ben... Thanks again buddy.

I'm working away from home in South Wales for the next 3 weeks so won't be able to see it until I'm home... However my old man is apparently already rubbing it down and prepping it. So hopefully he will have it painted and it can go on the car once it's back.

He has commented on how it's a good solid bit of work you have done.. Spot on buddy

I'll be sure to send you a picture :)

Cheers again
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Anybody fitted theirs yet? :thumleft:
CarBen Fibre Creations

GeorgeL wrote:Apparently this had landed back home Ben... Thanks again buddy.

I'm working away from home in South Wales for the next 3 weeks so won't be able to see it until I'm home... However my old man is apparently already rubbing it down and prepping it. So hopefully he will have it painted and it can go on the car once it's back.

He has commented on how it's a good solid bit of work you have done.. Spot on buddy

I'll be sure to send you a picture :)

Cheers again

Thats good to hear mate, looking forward to seeing some fitted photos.

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”