2ZZ conversion package

All parts for the Mk3 MR2 only

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lee H

2ZZ conversion package

Post by Lee H »

Bought this from a member on here last month. Saw it running in the car (2002 Celica with 75k). Ran ok but couldn't drive it as car was damaged.

I have got the following parts:

2ZZ engine with all ancillaries
2ZZ loom
1ZZ loom (was going to repin so I could swap in a weekend)
1ZZ dispstick tube
1ZZ fuel rail
2ZZ ECU, transponder and key
Swap manifold to bolt up to 1ZZ system
Also cut the maf tube out of the 2ZZ airbox

The only parts I think are needed now are the bridge mount and the parts to convert the box to run in an MR2.

Now the bad part. I stripped the engine as I was planning to renew all the gaskets before fitting it. The engine is currently in a totally stripped state. The bores look good and I haven't removed the pistons yet, I planned to leave them.

The engine has been apart before as the bottom end bearings are oversize so obviously the crank has been reground at some point. Myself and an engineer friend have measured the crank and its all within tolerance, just undersized. We have also stripped and measured the oil pump tolerances and that is in perfect shape. The bearings have slight marking so will need replacing but it hasn't marked the crank.

The clutch also looked pretty much brand new.

Lift bolts were removed and totally fine.

So to sum up it basically needs new bearings, gaskets and reassembling. I will possibly do this at some point if it doesn't sell like this but I sometimes think it's better to see what you are buying.

Reason for sale is I was always planning a 3SGTE swap and actually bought the mounts before buying this engine. Knew this would be an easy swap but decided in the end that 190bhp still wouldn't be enough coming from a mk1 turbo.

Can get more pictures as required.

Looking for £750 for everything (less than I paid).

Return to “Mk3”