Anyone know this mk3 turbo?

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Davegtst

Anyone know this mk3 turbo?

Post by Davegtst »

I seem to be swaying towards a mk3 but it needs to have a turbo. As I can only find one for sale at the moment I don't really know how much they are worth. This one seems quite expensive but it does have a lot of extras. Does anyone know it or can comment on on it?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... iment=true
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: Anyone know this mk3 turbo?

Post by tonigmr2 »

TTE turbo kit is quite rare, not many kicking about. Don't know this particular car but have a feeling it might be an owner on ROC.
vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

I think I've seen it before but I can't recall where :?

I'd be tempted by this one http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=47673

Needs a bit of tidying according to the description but its 2k cheaper than the one on PH and IMO the Hass kit is a better option than the TTE :thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Hass better than the TTET :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hang on...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know that second car very well, that's Sean Lacey's old car that he sold to Steve at a JAE years back. Don't get me wrong, it's a solid package, but the Hass kit is absolute crap, and we had to spend fortunes trying to get them right.
IanParkhouse

Post by IanParkhouse »

I belive Mr Paul Woods may have for sale a Mk3 with a supercharged 2zz engine in it. :whistle:
Davegtst

Post by Davegtst »

I have contacted the one with the hass kit but so far I haven't seen any pictures. It's a long way from me and I don't want to waste my time. I have spoken via email to the one I posted originally but I think he has priced it too high. I found an ebay ad that I believe may be the same car which sold a year ago for £2850! It looks like he may have do a few things to it and doubled the price. Sorry but I'm still new here. Who is Paul Woods and where would I find out about if he has one for sale?
vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

Ekona wrote:Hass better than the TTET :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hang on...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know that second car very well, that's Sean Lacey's old car that he sold to Steve at a JAE years back. Don't get me wrong, it's a solid package, but the Hass kit is absolute crap, and we had to spend fortunes trying to get them right.

Exactly.. The Hass kits started out pretty crap but all the issues have been ironed out ;)

The TTE kit may have been better from day 1 but I bet the Hass kit has a better/bigger turbo, bigger injectors and an intercooler/chargecooler... And its 2k less

Paul Woods owns woodsport mate
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Paul Woods Mk3 2zz supercharged is now sold :thumleft:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

vinp182 wrote:Exactly.. The Hass kits started out pretty crap but all the issues have been ironed out ;)

The TTE kit may have been better from day 1 but I bet the Hass kit has a better/bigger turbo, bigger injectors and an intercooler/chargecooler... And its 2k less

Trust me, there's still issues with that kit you'll never remove unless you bin it and start again.

The tubular manifold is prone to cracking, the bracketry is crap, I believe that Steve's kit is the MAF pre-turbo kit which is just a poor design, the intercooler is in a duff place... I could go on and on. I spent about £1500 with Thor just to get mine to an acceptable standard where bits wouldn't fall off every five mins. I would never, ever recommend that kit to anyone.

The TTET may make a few bhp less, but it's a much more sound package. Besides, there's upgrade options for the TTET now via MattPerformance.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I agree the one you posted originally is a bit pricey chap. It is a pre facelift car after all.
jonnie m

mk3 turbo

Post by jonnie m »

this car was on p/heads a few months back & didn't sell then,too expensive & its back at the same price plus as you can see its done track days so if you are flush & want a punt maybe offer 4k as he can only tell you to f.o.
Davegtst

Post by Davegtst »

Apparently he has taken a deposit on it. I asked for the spec and some more pictures but he seemed hesitant and never did send any more details. A bit odd as i didn't even mention money. I'm trying to arrange to go and see the hass turbo one. It's in a bit of a state but may have potential.

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”