Playstation Now

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mikee66

Playstation Now

Post by mikee66 »

Looks like Sony just blew Microsoft out of the water with the announcement of PS Now.

So from the summer (launch in US and Uk shortly after) you will be able to stream PS1, PS2 and PS3 games to your PS4, Vita and also Bravia tv's!

I watched a video of the last of us being streamed to a tv with no console required and it was seamless!

That's a huge win for Sony in my opinion! We'll just have to wait and see if Ms can and will do something similar!
thai boxer

Re: Playstation Now

Post by thai boxer »

Yeah looks good, but its completely dependant on connection speeds which are crap in the UK!

You can only rent the games too, you won't own them and no pricing has been released yet. MS have already hinted at doing something very similar which is obvious.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

thai boxer wrote:Yeah looks good, but its completely dependant on connection speeds which are crap in the UK!

You can only rent the games too, you won't own them and no pricing has been released yet. MS have already hinted at doing something very similar which is obvious.

Sony recommend a connection speed of 5Mb which is achievable by the majority of people in the Uk.

If you can only rent games which take on average <10hrs to complete then surely that's a good thing?

Also as far as I know there has been no pricing model released for it?

Any links to the hints for the Ms version?
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

No chance will it work with 5meg. U need at least 10 to stream High dDef movie with instant access and no buffering.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

markstevieandmads wrote:No chance will it work with 5meg. U need at least 10 to stream High dDef movie with instant access and no buffering.

rubbish!

I am on 8Mb and I use netflix and have no problems watching hd films
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Let's wait and see, shall we? On a 40meg connection, FEAR2 was laggy to the point of "I can't be ar$ed anymore" via OnLive, and the gfx were far from perfect. You would hope technology and the power of Sony can improve things, but let's not forget that Sony don't do programming and neither do they gave pots and pots of cash.

I suspect it'll be okay for the casual gamer, but others may find the input delay unacceptable.
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

Why would I want to stream outdated consoles games to my new console? Its more like PS yesterday than PS now?
dazzz wrote:I'm no expert but
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

T.F.S. wrote:Why would I want to stream outdated consoles games to my new console? Its more like PS yesterday than PS now?

There will be ps4 games available too
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

Hasnt the PS had that before then? I know the xbox has had that feature for years.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

T.F.S. wrote:Hasnt the PS had that before then? I know the xbox has had that feature for years.

No it hasn't

The xbox has never had this feature :roll:
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

Oh I see its because its streaming the game rather than downloading it and playing it from there, lagtastic!
Draven

Post by Draven »

T.F.S. wrote:Oh I see its because its streaming the game rather than downloading it and playing it from there, lagtastic!

Oh i'm gonna win.. oh my internet dropped..

:?

I honestly cannot see how this is ever going to work.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Has non-one ever tried OnLive then?

Return to “Games Consoles”