[FINALIZED] Desmond Regamaster (MP) 17"

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GeorgeL

Desmond Regamaster (MP) 17"

Post by GeorgeL »

I am also offering for sale my other set of Desmonds.

My Regamasters (Marquis Promada):

Do i need to introduce them really? lol

These wheels were made in Russia, Reportedly forged in the old tank presses. They are Arguably the most sought after JDM wheels out there and i jumped on them as soon as i saw them. As well as being very strong they are extremely lightweight (up there with the lightest)
They almost have a cult like following and sell for stupid money in the States. Even a set of 4 really good condition centre caps will command up to £200. They are rare wheels and you would be hard pushed to find a set this clean and fresh. They are like Brand new.

These are the exact same sizes as my Desmond Wise Sports also for sale.

2 x 17" x 8" et35

2 x 17" x 9" et38

(5 x 114.3 pattern ofcourse)

These fit the arches perfectly

As you can see here:

Possibly the most sought after JDM wheels?

TIRES:

Fronts are booted with 215/40/17 Yokohama Parada Spec2 (3.5-4mm left on them)

Rears are booted with 255/40/17 Toyo R1R (not T1R) (ive done around 450miles on these and two launches, not a lot of wear on these at all)

As you can see from both my sets of Desmonds for sale i absolutely love having Yoko Parada Spec2 up front. The feedback you get is amazing! They just grip and grip especially in the dry.

The Rear Toyo R1R are the best tires i have ever used. I actually prefer them believe it or not to R888 which is why i bought them instead of R888. I have done two proper launches with these tires on my last build (Circa 550hp) and it just gripped and went. Unbelievable tires.

I had T1Rs on the car when i got it and they were terrible in comparison to the R1R.

I use these wheels on my current car which has Tein Coilovers on it they do not rub at all. The fitment is as good as it gets to be honest for a standard width body. The wheels are not currently being used though as my car is off the road (has been since June) for some changes.

These wheels are in absolutely perfect condition! No kerbing whatsoever on them. They were completely refurbished when i bought them and I recently bought BRAND NEW centre caps for them and had them shipped over from the states (not much change from £250). I had litle blue "Regamaster" stickers made for them... these can easily be removed if required and will not mark the wheels.

The centre caps are actually a bright white with a almost pearl flip affect to them when out of the light. Some Of the photos have the previous Dulled caps that came with the wheels. I'll try get a better photo to show how fresh the new white ones look

I would not be selling these wheels if it wasnt for the fact i am going for a wider set up on the car and i dont see me buying a second MR2 any time soon to put them on. They are that good that i was almost tempted not to go wider on the car.
(absolute nightmare if im honest)

The wheels are currently with my car in Yorkshire. However, i can arrange for them to be available for collection from Glasgow also. I am happy to properly wrap these up to allow for a courier to pick up and deliver them. (id prefer the courier to be arranged by the buyer).

These wheels, Tires, centre caps etc owe me in excess of £1700

Price: £1150

Cheers

George
Last edited by GeorgeL on Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vinp182

Re: [FINALIZED] Desmond Regamaster (MP) 17"

Post by vinp182 »

Big fat OMG I love these wheels
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

+1 :thumleft:
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Me too! If someone has a set of 17x10" ones let me know lol!

I've just noticed that in most of the photos the centre caps look yellow(ish) or grey/silver(ish) in colour... Some of the photos have the tired centre caps in.

When not in direct sunlight the white caps don't shine bright white like a gloss finish would though. They have an almost pearl like finish to them. Hard to explain but pretty nice on the eyes :)
platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

Ps your car looks awesome :thumleft:
ads

Post by ads »

WOW . really beautiful . glws though I think you should keep them .
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

platmatt8 wrote:Ps your car looks awesome :thumleft:

Thanks a lot mate.. Much appreciated! Shame it's looking nothing like the photos just now though haha!

ads wrote:WOW . really beautiful . glws though I think you should keep them .

I'm starting to sway towards this to be honest... I spent too long trying to get a good set and then make them like brand new
Last edited by GeorgeL on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ads

Post by ads »

Yes I'd keep them if I were you. Pearl white too . You'll miss them if they go ..
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

ads wrote:Yes I'd keep them if I were you. Pearl white too . You'll miss them if they go ..

Oh I'd definitely miss them alright.. If they don't sell in the next week or so I know I'm meant to keep them.
vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

Keep them or I'll have to cancel my wedding for them and blame you :D
Torero

Post by Torero »

vinp182 wrote:Keep them or I'll have to cancel my wedding for them and blame you :D
Now that's a proper MR2 owner :clap: :clap:
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Torero wrote:
vinp182 wrote:Keep them or I'll have to cancel my wedding for them and blame you :D
Now that's a proper MR2 owner :clap: :clap:

Haha Vinny what a LAD! Usually I'd be tempted to say Stace can wait a hit longer as you have been together practically forever but it's the big day after all :) that would be xxxx
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Gave myself a good shake and I ain't going to entertain parting with these lol...
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was None

Return to “Mk2 Bodywork & Wheels ”