www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
France

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> International MR2 Clubs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 40

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: France Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

http://www.mr2.fr/forum/
LeeBarton
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: France MR2 Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi Scott

No relative (my surname is also Barton), but have lived in Northern France for about 6 years. I have two MR2 MK1's and am currently restoring one of them.

Where are you based?

I am having great difficulty registering my MK1's in france as they were never sold or homologated here, but I am sure that more than 200 have gone through the homologation tests, so it should now be possible to get them through the system. I wonder if we could find out how many have been registered here?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards

Lee
devid456

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I am thinking tha same crazy thing.its probably cheaper to rent an MR S though?probably cheaper yes;I think I remember hearing that costs upwards of 4k to ship a car across the Atlantic.
afennell
IMOC Organiser

Feedback Score: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi,

Are you getting your old 2 back, or have a new one planed?
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1533525#1533525
RayRayW

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: MK1 gets French registration Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

French Registration achieved on MR2 Mk1b 1989 T-bar:

After 18 months of trying I have finally been successful in obtaining French registration plates on my 1989 Mk1b. which was originally UK registered.

I live in Brittany France and after copious amounts of form filling, acquiring an abundance of documents, and not forgetting paying out around £500, (468 Euros plus £75) I have now obtained my approval for French registration and obtained my French registration plates.

Requirements of DREAL were:-
UK V5 Registration document, Passport, proof of address in France
Attestation de NON Conformite from Toyota France cost 65 Euros.
Forms from DREAL contain almost 100 technical questions on the original specification of the car. Demande d’Identification; Demande de Reception a Titre Isole Annex 1; and Notice Descriptive Simplifee du Vehicule Annexe 2. Cost nothing but took a lot of time.
Quitus Fiscal Certificat d’Acquisition Cerfa form 10668*06 Centre des Impots cost free.
Primary Ministers Approval Certificate and
British National Type Approval Test Report -from Toyota GB cost £75.
DREAL told me that without this Type Approval document the car would have needed to go to Paris.
Photographs showing manufacture plates & VIN numbers on my car.
Weigh Bridge printout. cost 2 Euros.
Examination at DREAL --------------------------cost 87 Euros.

Label had to be put on speedo odometer to state “MILES”.
Authorisation by DREAL to have Controle Technique carried out.
Controle Technique (French MOT)------cost 70 Euros.
Form Demande de Certificat D’immatriculation d’un Vehicule Cerfa form 13750*03.
One off tax payment to Prefecture------214 Euros.
French number plates------30 Euros.

My car is not an “import”, and is standard and unmodified apart from a Magnex stainless steel exhaust system.
The inspection at DREAL checked the following items.
Tyre sizes; operation of wipers, washers and horn; all lights operational. They checked that all lights had correct “E” number on them, and all glass windows in the car also had the correct part number on it. The wheelbase and track was measured. The brake master cylinder sensor was checked to see that it worked and the brake system warning light came up on the dash. Also had a quick flick through our Toyota “Owners Manual”

At DREAL the exhaust noise levels was discussed (the car was not run) and we were requested to obtain the official GB Type Approved noise levels from Toyota.
However, as Toyota was unable to provide this due to the age of the vehicle I was granted an “exemption” and the noise levels were left as unrecorded.

The Controle Technique (French MOT) was carried out at a local test station.
The car “passed”. Advisories for information only were:-
Drivers door sagging, and some corrosion underneath. The car passed all emission tests and the exhaust noise was not even mentioned.

Needles to say I’m finally over the moon.

Anyone else trying to get their UK Mk1 accepted in France I would be happy to share my experiences.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Wow! That's dedication for you! Hats off to you, I can well imagine most give up at the prospect of all that red tape! [Applause]
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Wow, great effort!

Hope you get a bit more decent weather to drive the car! [Smile]
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Feedback Score: 6

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

As I mentioned on the phone,

Well done Dad. [thumleft]
Philippe Gomés-10-

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

hi,

Many of us have been approved in France MR2 from Uk, and it's really long and expensive.

I am the secretary of the french club http://www.mr2.fr/php/tmp_contacts.php
Our club is also there to help for french registration.
In meeting there now some nice toys, from uk with french plate.

I read you regularly on this forum, but i had not seen this post before today.
I'm sorry, I did not properly written your language, excuse me! [Embarassed]

bye,
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Bonjour Philippe, Bienvenue sur le forum. Ne vous inquiétez pas, votre anglais est bien meilleur que mon français! Nous avons quelques membres français, et chaque année, certains d'entre nous allons à «Le Mans» pour la course automobile. Je dois me rendre bientôt! Comme avec d'autres représentants de clubs MR2 dans le monde, j'ai mis à niveau votre adhésion à Premium. Profitez. [Smile]
Philippe Gomés-10-

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Great, thank you Scott. I'll watch it.
Le Mans is a big party around the race with a lot of beautiful cars!

Thank you for your answer in French [Smile]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> International MR2 Clubs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: