classic car insurance - under 21

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Are you under 21 and own an MR2?

Yes
26%
No
74%
Under 21 with other sports/high performance car
No votes

Total votes: 19

sound_dezign

classic car insurance - under 21

Post by sound_dezign »

I'm having trouble getting insurance since someone shunted me at a roundabout.

I'm age 20, i had my insurance policy with 2yrs no claims with admiral who insured me for about £800 fully comp.

The accident has been classed as not my fault (still got my no claims) and costs have been recovered in full from the third party. But trying to get insurance for my mk1 coupe now is near enough impossible.

Since the accident i have bought a cheap diesel to get me around and that is now covered by my (2yr no-claims) insurance policy. However I would like to get a limited mileage classic insurance policy for my mr2, for the main reason of protecting the car up to a value of £3k and hopefully it will be cheaper! I haven't been able to get very far as everyone ive tried requires all drivers to be over 21.

Is anyone else out there under 21 with classic insurance that can help?
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Re: classic car insurance - under 21

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

I'm certainly not under 21 but have you tried Houghton insurance.
Ken Salmon the mk1 club secretary works there on Tuesdays and Thursdays,he is the best person to ask for!
01582 861234.
Tell him Myself,Steve Kingsnorth recomended him ,i'm sure he will do what he can to give you a good qoute!
Only thing is you will need to join the mk1 club but thats only 20 quid a year so should be well worth your while!
HTH.
ldavies83

Re: classic car insurance - under 21

Post by ldavies83 »

Adrian Flux were also good for classic insurance

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”