Running mist and gas together?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rikki

Running mist and gas together?

Post by Rikki »

I'm looking to get Aquamist fitted to the car and wondered if its a good idea / nessesary to run both mist and laughing gas together. Has anyone on here done this and if so how did they go about it?

Many thanks,

R.
jonno

Re: Running mist and gas together?

Post by jonno »

There is no point to be honest, you will probably loose power running water with nos since it slows down the combustion process. The nos itself is pretty cold and will cool down the inlet charge more than water anyway.

Neil.
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

How about if you had it switchable so you can turn off the WI when you squirt the nitrous?
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Theres no issues with running both at once, I did all summer. The advantage of it I suppose is the WI acts as an anti detonation measure, like running higher octane fuel. This is a good thing when running nitrous as too much timing can cause damage with the happy gas.

Steve
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!
jonno

Post by jonno »

stevecordiner wrote:Theres no issues with running both at once, I did all summer. The advantage of it I suppose is the WI acts as an anti detonation measure, like running higher octane fuel. This is a good thing when running nitrous as too much timing can cause damage with the happy gas.

Steve

Except higher octane fuel wont reduce the power. I cant see a problem with it, I just dont think its necessary.
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Very true, but using the WI will provide added protection against the timing being run on nitrous. A lot of people may be running more than 10 degrees base timing, so if they want to use nitrous as well it'll add a little bit more safety.
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!
Rikki

Post by Rikki »

Doh! I wasnt clear in what I meant - sorry. What I meant was having NOS and WI installed in the same car, not nessesarily running at the same time.

Was it Steves car that was at TOTB last year?

R.

Return to “Modifications”