The last of us.

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Baker

The last of us.

Post by Baker »

Just completed it.

Words fail me at how good this one is.....
H3RB

Re: The last of us.

Post by H3RB »

brother loves it, i loved uncharted but dont play ps3 enough to warrent buying it. will wait till hes finished and lend it.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

I got frustrated with my copy (yes, I actually bought a game for my PS3 for once!).

The story, the acting, the setting: All perfect. I have no issue with those at all. The crafting system worked well, I liked that idea too. What irked me was the control system was a bit confusing, although granted some of that may be me coming from the 360. I didn't know which button to press to throw a brick/shoot the gun/kill a zombie half the time, not helped by the on-screen prompts which have a square on them until you get close and you find out you need to press triangle. That seemed very odd to me.

The save game was also completely retarded. You save, then reload and it puts you back in the same area but with all the zombies reset. Not back in the exact same place you saved, but at the start, and with the zombies you killed back alive it makes it daft.

Also, why if I try and shiv a clicker from behind he dies, but if I do it when he's attacking me he doesn't? Same animation, same weapon, no death. Pointless.

As such, and the fact it's quite hard anyway, I gave up at 35% and just read the storyline on the wiki. Seems like it would be awesome to play through, but I'm not going to waste my time getting frustrated at what I see as gameplay flaws.
Baker

Post by Baker »

I strongly suggest you play on at easy level. You get most of the game without the frustration.
The story picks up after half way through, you'll regret you didn't try. ;)
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

It was on easy :oops:

Return to “Games Consoles”