hi i'm new to imoc

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

raggles

hi i'm new to imoc

Post by raggles »

hi - this is my first post after looking through your site.

i have owned 2 MKII's one turbo and one n/a and now am on the hunt for a MKIII. i owned my last mkII for 5years before other things got in the way and i had to go and live elsewhere and now i'm back in the uk and got more ideas..........

my license has a restriction on it that says "the owner of this license can only operate 4 wheel vehicles with a maximum unloaded mass of 550kg".

i know that the loaded mass of a MKIII is approx 975kg so does anyone know what the unloaded mass of a MKIII is ?????

really don't want to go through all the hassle of getting my license upgraded if possible. i had a scout round saw a few and the amount of carbon fibre parts that are available 8) for it and with a few other mods could easily get it under the weight restriction.

also the engine mods i got planned like induction kit, cobra system should give it some more sauce :D thinking of going the whole route and swapping the cams, pistons, valves & springs, shave, gas flow, port and blueprint the cylinder head :D more or less what i did to the n/a mkII i had.

any help would be most appreciated thankyou.
Ekona

Re: hi i'm new to imoc

Post by Ekona »

You need to get a proper licence. I can't think of a proper car that could possibly weigh that little. Even fully stripped and thousands spent on carbon everything, you won't get much below 800kg I suspect. Rolling cassis alone will be well above 550kg.

How on earth did you get a restriction like that? Pretty much limits you to quad bikes or mobility vehicles!
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: hi i'm new to imoc

Post by tonigmr2 »

Are you sure that's not just a restriction on trailers? Otherwise you've got a motorcycle licence!

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”