Ultimate Scottish Street Car Results!

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

vipernet55

Ultimate Scottish Street Car Results!

Post by vipernet55 »

Ok, following my request for some 1/4 mile help in my previous thread I attended the Ultimate Scottish Street Car yesterday with the intention of qualifying in the top 10 rwd cars for the final shootout.

From the advice given, tyre pressures were down to 22psi, I removed all non essential interior bits, no spare wheel, octane booster, mirrors folded back and took the spoiler off to reduce downforce to give me a higher top speed. Performance wise I managed to purchase a greddy emanage and get it mapped on the day by SS-Tuning which proved to be an excellent little piece of kit.

I needed a 13.6 qualify and managed to do a 13.2 in the morning and tweaked the car for the rest of the day. In the final shootout I was up against lots of quick cars, it didn't matter what time you ran it was all about who crossed the line first. After beating an rx7 in the semis I was up against a 700bhp Supra in the final. I managed to get off the line much quicker than him and bagged a sub 2 second 60ft time but half way up the strip he passed me with relative ease. :( I managed a 13.1 though and am over the moon that not only did I qualify but I got right down to the final!

Thanks again to all those that helped me out in the previous thread, I'm now addicted to 1/4 miling :p I'm pretty sure that down south on a better surface I could get a 12 second run.
shahid rashid

Re: Ultimate Scottish Street Car Results!

Post by shahid rashid »

Hi, Nice to see u have done well, well done Dude =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :mrgreen:
BenF
Premium Member

Re: Ultimate Scottish Street Car Results!

Post by BenF »

Those are some impressive 1/4 mile times =D>

I've just had a look at your car in the Garage - I was wondering what boost level you were running ? Have you got any Dyno power runs with your car?

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”