Rev 2 Turbo around the ring...

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

Marlowe

Rev 2 Turbo around the ring...

Post by Marlowe »

Some Pics and a Shaky video... :)

A few disclaimers as I know what I'm going to link to is far from an advert for excellent driving (I was very hesitant and nervous as this is my first RWD car and I couldn't remember the track well from the previous year), but I've seen a few others are thinking about the pilgrimage to the ring, so I thought I'd link up my experience.

There is a tad use of colourful language when I recognise a corner that I always willy up on GT5 so please don't view at work. :)

http://youtu.be/ijnfXlch_U8
Last edited by Marlowe on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsia

Re: Rev 2 Turbo around the ring...

Post by Tsia »

Awesome pictures, really hoping Ic can head out there next year for a bit of fun! :D
Marlowe

Post by Marlowe »

Cheers. :) The video isn't amazing (we didn't want to face the wrath of the marshals so it was all hand held, and the windows were down a bit which = rattle), but it at least gives an idea of what it's like.

I'm always realistic about my ability to drive, and so I took it relatively steady whenever there were other cars around (no insurance = not a place to get aggressive with your pride and joy IMO), but even so it's amazing fun. :)
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

good wrk
something i gotta do :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Great pics mate! :thumleft:
bicycleshorts

Post by bicycleshorts »

Marlowe wrote:
There is a tad use of colourful language when I recognise a corner that I always willy up on GT5 so please don't view at work. :)

:lol:

My mate went sailing across the grass at adenauer forst. Wouldn't have been too bad if he wasn't in an MX5 with the roof down and Michael Buble playing at full volume.

Really wish someone had caught that and put it on YouTube!
Marlowe

Post by Marlowe »

:lol:

My mate's mk1 1.6 MX5 is annoyingly quick around the Ring - I'm the first to admit he is a better driver than me though, so I was quite pleased at how far behind me (About a minute or so) he arrived back at the car park after me.

There's always lots of arguments between the two of us with our rev 2 turboes and him with his MK1 over which is the the better car to drive - it's a bit chalk and cheese really though. Both great. :)
Rev 2 Turbo (Testing my patience)

Golf GTI MK5 (Competent but dull)

Return to “Driving Experiences”