North West body shop recommendation

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

j0nathan

North West body shop recommendation

Post by j0nathan »

Hi,

My car was in one piece until last night when I thought I'd have a prod and a poke and see how bad the rust was. I ended up with car in one hand and passengers rear lower quarter in the other - oops. Now I really need to find a reputable repairer since my previous experience with body shops regarding the MK1 is that they really don't know the car very well at all (£££££!). If any one can recommend a good body shop in the North West (I'm in the Preston area but am willing to travel) I would be very pleased to hear from you.

Thanks,
Jon
John R

Re: North West body shop recommendation

Post by John R »

Hello Jon

Why don't you come on down to the NW meet at the Wiggan Tree (top of Parbold Hill 12:30 on) on the 11th Sept.

I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the correct direction.

John
j0nathan

Wigan Tree

Post by j0nathan »

I am on holiday then unfortunately. I was looking forward to meeting a few more of the NW MK1 Club members. I met some of you at JAE but had to leave earlier than intended.

I take it the meeting after September wil be the second Sunday of October (09/10/05)? I was really hoping to get the work done to my car prior to this though.

Jon
Jimbo_Jet

Post by Jimbo_Jet »

Hi, I’m Preston and I’m also looking for a good body shop! :D

I can’t afford to get the work done on mine just yet but will def need to get it done before the winter sets in or it’ll get worse. I’ve been on a quest on another MR2 forum site to find a decent body shop in the North West, near Preston ideally, but have so far come up blank. Can anyone help j0nathan and I?

John R, glad you’ve mentioned when and where the North West meets are as I’m dying to go to one and I know that pub! \:D/ But wouldn’t you know it, sods law I’m doing something all day for my girlfriends birthday on the 11th so I can’t make it. #-o Ar5e! Can you tell me when the next North West meet be?
John R

Post by John R »

Hi All

I'll get Ryan the NW co-ordinator to add you both to the mailing list.
We meet the 2nd Sunday of the month (this has been known to be the 3rd Sunday too :? ) but I'll make sure you get to know.

I met some of you at JAE but had to leave earlier than intended.
ahh! a light appears over my head! Now I remember you!

We have a guy (Jim) who is very good at MR2 bodywork, but I can't speak for him, but he comes to most meetings.

John R
Jimbo_Jet

Post by Jimbo_Jet »

John R wrote:Hi All

We meet the 2nd Sunday of the month (this has been known to be the 3rd Sunday too :? ) but I'll make sure you get to know.

John R

Thanks for that! :D
j0nathan

Post by j0nathan »

John R wrote:

I met some of you at JAE but had to leave earlier than intended.
ahh! a light appears over my head! Now I remember you!

Yup - You were all trying to figure out where the car had come from because you thought you had seen it before - MK1a in black with all the right MK1a bits, two tone seats, and rust. Someone said the rust wasn't too bad but as you can see from this thread some of it is worse than suspected!

We have a guy (Jim) who is very good at MR2 bodywork, but I can't speak for him, but he comes to most meetings.

John R

I won't be able to make the next meeting, prior commitments, but want to get the ball rolling probably before the October meeting...

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”