long time in coming!!

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

crazylegs

long time in coming!!

Post by crazylegs »

this forum in my opinion has been needed for several years,and is a shame the mk1 club could not have done it themselves.will anyone now go to the mk1 web site?
a big thanks to all the imoc staff for making it happen.anyone else think the same?
Lauren
Premium Member

Re: long time in coming!!

Post by Lauren »

I think there is a vast amount of info on the MK1 club site and people will continue to go there as there is no way that amount of info can be replicated here.

We have offered our expertise free to the MK1 club as we already have the know how in place to work with them as we have and continue to do. With links from both sites i think a good amount of two-way traffice ought to happen.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
michael

Post by michael »

Lauren wrote:I think there is a vast amount of info on the MK1 club site and people will continue to go there as there is no way that amount of info can be replicated here.

Right Click > 'Save As' :wink:
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

crazylegs wrote:this forum in my opinion has been needed for several years,and is a shame the mk1 club could not have done it themselves.will anyone now go to the mk1 web site?
a big thanks to all the imoc staff for making it happen.anyone else think the same?

Hi Crazylegs,it does seem a shame that we on the mk1 club couldn't get it sorted but even though the idea was there for a long time,nobody had the knowledge to start it!
We now have a forum where we can at last talk to eachover.
I feel there will be no problem with people visiting the mk1 website,especially as it will be updated soon!
This should be a great collaboration between the 2 sites and will give us all a much wider range of members.
I'm sure the mk1 club will progress with the help of Imoc ,also Imoc will be helped by,by us!
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

i`m not knocking it i think its a great idea.should be moved up the forum list a bit though :wink:
RichardMorgan

Post by RichardMorgan »

will anyone now go to the mk1 web site?

Have a look at http://www.mr2mk1club.com/webstats.html It shows info on the 178,480 visits to the MR2 MK1 Club website so far this year. Our site hosts are only able to provide us with a list of 90 odd countries from which our visitors come.
I wonder how many more there are? Richard morgan
Jimbo_Jet

Post by Jimbo_Jet »

Speaking as a new member, of both this forum and the MK1 club, I must say that I was surprised when I was first thinking of buying a MK1 a few months ago that the MK1 club didn't have a forum of it's own. So my opinion is that any forum is better than no forum! :wink:

I don't think it really matters toooo much where it's hosted, as long as we all know it's here. And as it has been said before, being on a MK1, MK2 & MK3 forum it might actually attract some new members to the MK1 club! :D Either way, It's going to be great to have a place all MK1 club members can chat on a regular basis! :D

All I would say is that the MK1 section on this forum is going to fill up very quickly. We'll have to split the forum into sections sometime in the near future so it doesn't get bogged down under the weight of different threads. Sections like, Technical, Audio, Meets, Bodywork, General Chat..... something like that. :)
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Well said James! =D> =D> =D>

And Richard those figures are astonishing :shock:

It shows all the hard work being done to revamp it is all worthwhile :D
Jimbo_Jet

Post by Jimbo_Jet »

Icsunonove wrote:Well said James! =D> =D> =D>

:D

CHEERS! :D
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

We'll have to split the forum into sections sometime in the near future so it doesn't get bogged down under the weight of different threads. Sections like, Technical, Audio, Meets, Bodywork, General Chat..... something like that.
in my opinion this needs doing sooner rather than later. i hope this forum works well for all concerned and to show my support i am now a full IMOC member £5.00 well spent thanks to the IMOC for use of your web space =D> =D> =D>
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Kevin,

To be honest with you I agree entirely. But IMOC have been very kind to host this for the Mk1 Club and I think that may be pushing our luck too far.

Dunno, maybe if Pete or Steve (Mk1 mods) are about today I'll PM them and ask. If not I'll PM Esmond and Ben (the head honchos) later and ask really politely.

Tom
Lauren
Premium Member

Post by Lauren »

kevin..in wrote:
We'll have to split the forum into sections sometime in the near future so it doesn't get bogged down under the weight of different threads. Sections like, Technical, Audio, Meets, Bodywork, General Chat..... something like that.
in my opinion this needs doing sooner rather than later. i hope this forum works well for all concerned and to show my support i am now a full IMOC member £5.00 well spent thanks to the IMOC for use of your web space =D> =D> =D>

No need at this point.

You can use the IMOC sections for events, off topic, items for sale, items wanted etc.
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

To be honest with you I agree entirely. But IMOC have been very kind to host this for the Mk1 Club and I think that may be pushing our luck too far.

You can use the IMOC sections for events, off topic, items for sale, items wanted etc
I was in no way having a go at IMOC as I said I for one am very grateful for the use of the web space and to show it I have paid my subs to IMOC but as not everyone is as savvy as us who use this type of forum regularly the just a bit of simplification might help to get more MK1 club members using the forum which was afterall part of the original idea. if you imagine coming to the IMOC site as a first time user it can be very daunting going through the vast amount of stuff here an may put some off coming back when the only wanted MK1 club stuff defeating the object :wink:
Lauren
Premium Member

Post by Lauren »

kevin..in wrote:
I was in no way having a go at IMOC as I said I for one am very grateful for the use of the web space and to show it I have paid my subs to IMOC but as not everyone is as savvy as us who use this type of forum regularly the just a bit of simplification might help to get more MK1 club members using the forum which was afterall part of the original idea. if you imagine coming to the IMOC site as a first time user it can be very daunting going through the vast amount of stuff here an may put some off coming back when the only wanted MK1 club stuff defeating the object :wink:

I didn't think you were having a go. I jsut don't waffle when i post thats all, nothing personal.

I am sure 1st timers peruse the MK1 section for a while before looking at the other sections, nothing wrong with that.
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

thats where we differ Lauren I love a good waffle :lol: i just think if we made it as easy as poss. then we could attract more "internet virgins" to stay :idea: I dare someone type internet virgin into google and see the result :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”