Mk1 info please help.

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mrrwaction1

Mk1 info please help.

Post by mrrwaction1 »

Hi all first post in this part of the group as i have two mk2 's however just got me hands on a mk1 g reg T Bar it's a breaker but a valuable source of spares and it s one of the later type mk1 on a G plate taken this car to bits has got me interested in the mk1 the build quality seems every bit as good as the mk2 if not better, You know what i mean how many nut's do they use to secure the rear panel with the number plate on ! So then with a complete car's worth of spares i am on the look out for a project would love to restore one of these cars to mint condition just wonder what to look for when i am searching for one to buy i know the they rust around the front vallance rear arches and sills then again wouldn't any car of this age any other factors to consider if you managed to read this far thanks for doing so hope i to hear from anyone who can advise me : Mike
pistol supercharged pete

Re: Mk1 info please help.

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

have a look here http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/kb.php?mode=article&k=47
its mainly body work engines are pretty good they tend to stat neeing things around the 130 000 mark

pete
AW11 Forever..!

Re: Mk1 info please help.

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Mike,

Do you fancy coming along to our North East meetings. See earlier postings, our next meeting will be on Sunday 4th September near Durham then we are going to see some stock car racing @ Barford Raceway near Barnard Castle.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”