"MR2 Run To The Lakes" Sept 18th ALL WELCOME

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

blue2

"MR2 Run To The Lakes" Sept 18th ALL WELCOME

Post by blue2 »

Date:- SUNDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER. All MR2 Enthusiasts Welcome!! Will be a great day out and an amazing drive. Plus an excuse for a BBQ and refreshments and a look at everyones cars!! The route will involve part of the M6 so there will be plenty of places to meet up! I dont know how to make a list so people can put their names down so just reply to this post if your interested!! Hopefully we can get loads of people/cars confirmed and have a great day out!! :D :D :D :D
AW11 Forever..!

Re: "MR2 Run To The Lakes" Sept 18th ALL WELCOME

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Count me in - 1988 MK1 TBAR
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Where are you starting from and where are you going to?
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Exellent! will do! :D

The route is still in the planning stages but will hopefully be finalised and posted up by Friday. If anyone has any ideas for any decent meeting places then please post them up. There is a little chef just off the m6 (not sure which junction) but its not too far up. This could be a possible meeting place, then all drive up into the lakes via the planned route. Route will include one of the following places:- Coniston, Windermere, Ullswater or Derwentwater. Please post up any further places you think should be included as this will hepl me to devise a decent route that works for everyone. :D
Jimbo_Jet

Post by Jimbo_Jet »

bu88er! I'm doing something on the 18th otherwise I'd be there like a shot! :( :( :(

Next time someone does a run like this count me in! 8)
AW11 Forever..!

Should we all meet up at the Little Chef just off the M5 at Penrith, left at the roundabout and 100 yards up the road on the left, say 11.00am..?
blue2

Post by blue2 »

The m5? are you sure you dont mean the m6? the m5 is too far down for me. I was thinking along the lines of meeting up off one of the junctions of the m6 then all driving from there. Im just in the middle of figuring out a good route now so it should be posted up tonight. :D
AW11 Forever..!

Bloody should have gone to them Geography lessons...!

Yes its junction 40 on the M6 at Penrith. We have had 3 north east meetings with the north west members where we met here, its about 150 yards from junction 40, just take a left at the BIG roundabout, Ullswater and Pooley Bridge is only a few miles from here.
blue2

Post by blue2 »

That sounds great! Sounds like an easy place to find, and close to one of the lakes. We could mabye go to Ullswater then to Coniston or Windermere.
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Sorry guys I have tried my best to get a route posted up but Im going away to Cornwall today for a week (leaving at 5am look at the time now!). I will get a route posted up when I get back, hopefully finalised and up by the Sunday. Junction 40 M6 is defo a good place to meet everyone. Speak to ya all soon! 8) :D
pistol supercharged pete

Post by pistol supercharged pete »

sorry i am going to lock this post as we do not want double posting - here and events - please just put it int he events section where everyone will look and see it

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”