mk3 mods - Adrian Flux insurance

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

smith123

mk3 mods - Adrian Flux insurance

Post by smith123 »

I'm currently insured with Adrian Flux and am considering getting the tein lowering springs for my mk3.

I seem to remember Adrian Flux quoted £35 to alter any policy and I would guess the premium would go up too. Is anyone else insured with Adrian Flux and can comment on the cost of declaring mods to their mk3?
klimite

Re: mk3 mods - Adrian Flux insurance

Post by klimite »

I am with my mk2 im 22 and have my mods dec...

they are only alloys, exhaust and induction and it's £800 fc same as my old astra mk4 sri (that was standard)

p.s they are right bastards, they charged me £80 odd for change of vehicle
Last edited by klimite on Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
klimite

Post by klimite »

mistake here...
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

smith123 wrote:I'm currently insured with Adrian Flux and am considering getting the tein lowering springs for my mk3.

I seem to remember Adrian Flux quoted £35 to alter any policy and I would guess the premium would go up too. Is anyone else insured with Adrian Flux and can comment on the cost of declaring mods to their mk3?

They're pretty good, although the value of mods is rarely insured when you're with them IIRC. Give them a call and ask them is the only way for an accurate answer though.
greglebon

Post by greglebon »

I'm covered for all my Mk3, all mods declared, with AF (Big rear wing, V6 engine, custom exhaust, etc).

Its on an agreed value basis, and I had to list all the mods on the form.

As the car is up for sale, I recently asked them what happens if I wanted to sell the car now and get a new policy, possibly with them...?

She said that I basically cannot "swap" cars on the same policy, but a temp policy for the new car (whatever it might be) would be £50 / week....!! :shock:

SO basically, if I were to sell now, I'll be taking a hit on 4 months insurance premium, and it won't be worth me going with them again as whatever I get next will be standard, so I can get quotes from Confused, Direct line, compare the meerkat, etc...... :thumleft:
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

smith123 wrote:I'm currently insured with Adrian Flux and am considering getting the tein lowering springs for my mk3.

Hi

I can get this checked for you, please pm me your full name and reference number and contact telephone number.

Cheers
Dan
RST

Post by RST »

My only advice would be to change from them as soon as you can. I had nothing but greif from them and some downright dirty tricks when selling policies. Used to be with them originally on my MR2 years ago but got out and allot better companies out there elsewhere.
Amebb

over rated

Post by Amebb »

From MY past experience i found Adrian Flux is over rated and expensive.

Never use them again.... ever !
'Honest, seriously, this wont hurt a bit ..... there you go........ 5h1t!!! he's dead!!........ Well, you should'nt have touched my Mr2 !!'
greglebon

Re: over rated

Post by greglebon »

Amebb wrote:From MY past experience i found Adrian Flux is over rated and expensive.

Where would you go instead, then?
Was that with a modded car?

I'm sure that there is some sort of cartel-thing going on within the relatively small group of insurance companies that WILL insure my car...?! :-k

I mean, I can insure several other "stock" cars, all with more power than mine, newer than mine, and worth twice as much as mine, for around 60% what I'm led to believe is the going rate for my modded mk3..!?!? ](*,)

Someones taking the pi$$ somewhere, I reckon.....

I have max no-claims, zero points, etc.....and I dont live on the Moss Side estate, either :wink: : whats going on?
Amebb

Post by Amebb »

Greglebon, there are so many ways that you can legally lower your insurance costs. This is something that the insurance companies wont ever tell you.

Example, i am an IT Consultant. If i was to enter that as my occupation the premiums would be higher than if i was to say computer engineer. At the end of the day, both occupations are almost the same.

Once again, the insurance companies wont tell you this.

There is a site online that gives you 'example' quotes with various different occupations etc. You can then see what is best for you.

Dont say that your a brain surgeon when your a bu88er flipper at macdonalds... lol they will spot that a mile away... lol

I got my quote from online. I have a toyota mr2 turbo, converted from a 3sge to 3sgte etc. Lowered, performance exhuast, bigger turbo, dump valve etc et c...

I have no points and NO NCB too. Fully comprehesive i am paying no more than £130.00 !
I have restricted my millage to be no more than 3000miles per year.

I think the company is Sureterm.... not sure who the underwriters are.

But, search and find the lowest premiums, insurance companies are scamming us big time !

good luck
'Honest, seriously, this wont hurt a bit ..... there you go........ 5h1t!!! he's dead!!........ Well, you should'nt have touched my Mr2 !!'
excalibur1814

Word

Post by excalibur1814 »

£130.... £130

Adrian Flux threw on a £30 something or other charge due to finding the best possible quote... they did and that's why they knew that they could throw on an extra £30. Grrr.

Next year I'll do as above and damn well get it cheaper.
greglebon

Post by greglebon »

Amebb wrote:Greglebon, there are so many ways that you can legally lower your insurance costs. This is something that the insurance companies wont ever tell you.

That may well be so: but bear in mind that for the other quotes I got for the other cars, my details were exactly the same as the ones that AF use for my Mk3....? :whistle:

They seem to think that my 200hp, virtually stock-looking and worth IRO £3500-Mk3 is worthy of a 40% higher premium than a Golf R32, an ITR, a Cooper S, even a 2006 T-Sport Compressor.....??

:roll:

I mean, I've had the MK3 for 3 years now and lived in the same place for that time.......NO claims/ incidents, so HOW high can the risk of a claim in the next 12months be..?! ](*,)

If I bought a bloody Micra, the odds of me having an "incident" and claiming would be identical to my MK3..?!!! :evil:

Car insurance = Legalised extortion: no wonder people spend so much time planning / making false claims these days......they have to get their money back somehow...!

Another 4 years paying my current rates would cover the cost of a replacement car..!?

Car insurance should be a fixed 3rd-party premium (£50?): THAT should be the only part that you have to have by law.

If you're caught driving without it, you should get a year inside: NO EXCEPTIONS.....!

That way, idiots who damage other peoples cars/ property / lives, pay for their mistakes.

On top of that, you should be able to add OPTIONAL cover for your own vehicle.
Then the insurance companies wouldn't be able to fleece people so easily..... \:D/

But, it'll never happen: these companies are making so much money out of the driver, and hence the government makes a mint, too, in taxes.....

They're not gonna cut off a lucrative revenue stream are they..!?

(BBC / TV Licence: same story..! ](*,) )

Rant over! :D
Amebb

Insyrance rip off

Post by Amebb »

Last week i had a slight bump in my other car, a lorry scrapped the drivers door etc.

Anyways, i phoned up my insurance company and told them what had happened and i am in the process of claiming damages from the other party.

Thats all very simple... BUT, guess what else happened... The solicitors phoned my up and asked if i had been injured at all.... i was stationary so the chances of injury are very slim...
They insisted that i cud be suffering whip lash etc etc

Cut a long story short.... My mother (who was in the car also) and I were offered 8 sessions each at the physio for our so called injuries...!

NOW, what p1$$e$ me off is that i never asked for this physio etc, it was more or less forced upon me. BUT, someone, somewhere will be paying for this....?
And its the insurance copanies themselfs that are making the prices go up for car insurance etc....
AnD they blame uninsured drivers !!! B0LL0CK$ !!!

Insurance companies are legalised scammers !!!
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
IMOC Affiliated Company

Re: Word

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

excalibur1814 wrote:£130.... £130

Adrian Flux threw on a £30 something or other charge due to finding the best possible quote... they did and that's why they knew that they could throw on an extra £30. Grrr.

Next year I'll do as above and damn well get it cheaper.

Hi

If you would like i can get this checked for you, please feel free to pm me your details.

Cheers
Dan

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”