Mongoose exhaust

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Mongoose exhaust

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Opinions needed really, I've already got one on the car at the moment (fitted it about 5 months ago) and the offside hanging bracket snapped off last night (bad weld)!

Do you reckon the fact that I fitted it myself will effect the waranty? I can get it repaired pretty quickly by a local welder.
Hurstie1981

Re: Mongoose exhaust

Post by Hurstie1981 »

Hello!

Exactly the same happened to mine last year. Same place by the sounds of it too, and just hangs a little low on the right hand side. Just took it to the garage and he welded it back on. Only needed a few tacks, and job done, 2 mins in total, and no charge!

Its quite easy to weld as there should be a few clean points. Its nothing to worry about, and mines been fine ever since.

Graham

P.s. it was a normal MIG welder, doesn't need anything more than that!
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Turns out it's slightly worse than i thought, the weld was fine, it's ripped a hole in the muffler. Doh!

Will get on to Motorsportworld tomorrow.
Baker

Post by Baker »

just shows...might as well get those sort of things done professionally and no probs. Not having a go by the way! :)
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Sorry to drag this up again, just though people may be interested in the damage! :lol:

My attempt to stop it happening again.

IMO the length of bracket welded to the muffler is far too short to withstand the bouncing around experienced at that end of the exhaust!

Opinions?

Return to “Modifications”