MR2 v jaguar wow !!!!!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great
No votes
Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

R6 RIDER

MR2 v jaguar wow !!!!!

Post by R6 RIDER »

I have a thriller to tell thee today , lets just start with , i have new tax and tyres today , and today was first time i drove my car in this particular manner since september , so i kinda forgot how this thing thrills you.

any how i just got my tax sorted and my sister needed a lift to work so i took her in the 2 , on the way i decided to go long way round to avoid traffic and to give her a blast in the country ( the mr2 i mean lol) and there was a typical mainstream piece of xxxx vauxhall meriva in the way of me and this jag xk8 in front doing 40 in a national speed limit zone arrrrrrrrrgh , and i presume the same feeling was in the jag , as he blasted past him , after he over took i did , anyhow just before approching the straight he decided to throw his cigi out the window , to me he was sayin lets have ago and as he did we both went for it and im 100 percent sure he thought his v8 would just puill away in a breeze ,

but he couldnt be more wrong i had it off boost at 3,000 rpm so boost would be imediate when i pushed and boom off we went i was straight away gainning an i was right on his tail he could not escape and i on purposeley never overtook as only boy racing chavs do this i just stayed glued hard to his tail , and was having to let go of the gas to stop me hitting him , today this jag man has learnt what a JDM car from the old days can do , it was such a thrill , such a rush and sence of victory knowing he knows hes just been taught a darn good lesson , you guys maybe used to all this and have raced better than this ,, but this jag has 290 bhp , i have 250 about , so you know this was fantastic feeling for me ,

Im a biker and i prefare biking to cars. my R6 is going tommoro in place for the new gsx-r 600 2011 model ( best 600 ever built). so i know all about the world of acceleration , but this was differant it was a race where i dont get chance on the bike . my bike would destroy both of these cars , but thats a bike everyone knows it would win , In my one ownership of this car this is the best feeling ive had in a car , a real sence of pride runs through me when i think what i did today . Kind regards R6 rider :)
T.F.S.

Re: MR2 v jaguar wow !!!!!

Post by T.F.S. »

cool story bro
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

Get to the Nurburgring mate.

You will love it
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

I went to have a play with a Jag XK in my 350Z, then i saw the R badge on the back and let him off :wink:
aw11rally

Post by aw11rally »

un1eash wrote:I went to have a play with a Jag XK in my 350Z, then i saw the R badge on the back and let him off :wink:

Chicken!

I'm sure you could have shown him up on the bends, it's not all about straight line pace or we'd all be driving yank sh*t.
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

I have a similar story however it was at Shakespeare raceway done in a controlled safe(ish) manner. 8)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

When I had my MR2, with over 300bhp I had a play with an S-Type R and tbh, on the open road, I couldnt live with it. Oddly nimble as well for a semi-detached house on wheels.

I would imagine the XKR would be so much more fun with the bonus of speed.

Ps,

I'd happily lose a race if I was sat in this

johnp

Post by johnp »

Sorry to burst you bubble but I thought most petrolheads would know that a N/A Jag v8 is not very fast with all that weight and an old design auto box....add the supercharger and they then have reasonable turn of speed.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

He didnt say it was an old one?
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

A mk2 tubby isn't really what I'd call fast either. Nippy enough, but not fast. Turn the boost up or fit a bigger turbo and then they have reasonable turn of speed ;)
willfinch36

Post by willfinch36 »

ekona wrote:A mk2 tubby isn't really what I'd call fast either. Nippy enough, but not fast. Turn the boost up or fit a bigger turbo and then they have reasonable turn of speed ;)

What porsche have you got?
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Just for the record R6Rider is banned now, he was a previously banned user (Bl4stin again!).
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
sjm1984

Post by sjm1984 »

Can you not block their IP address to stop them from signing back up again?
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

sjm1984 wrote:Can you not block their IP address to stop them from signing back up again?

Yes, he's persistant.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

willfinch36 wrote:What porsche have you got?

997.2 C2S PDK.

Trouble with banning people is that unless they're on a static IP, it can prove a bit of a PITA game of cat and mouse.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

How do you know for certain it's the same person if their username and IP address is different?
johnp

Post by johnp »

Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:Just for the record R6Rider is banned now, he was a previously banned user (Bl4stin again!).

...not surprised,but ,there again,I blame myself for posting on an (imagined) chav-race thread,I won't do it again,sorry... :wink:
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

matt_mr2t wrote:How do you know for certain it's the same person if their username and IP address is different?

His writing style sticks out a mile.

Return to “Driving Experiences”