Motec! Oh yeah!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ed

Re: Motec! Oh yeah!

Post by Ed »

What's the calculation to use to figure aout at what bhp an injector is likely to max out.

Ed
JJ

Post by JJ »

What PSI would you say these were capeable of handling?! I have the Sard 850cc on mine, and was running at 30psi sometimes.......is that too high do you recon?

What sort of question is that ??? a/f ratio is dependant on intake temperatures and most of all, the air flow of the turbo.

15 psi on a small turbo is different to 15 psi on a big turbo - its the mass of air the bigger turbo creates form the larger compressor wheel will delivery more mass... which evidently you'll need more fuel.

850cc's are usually plenty fine for a 2 litre application 86mmx86mm... I'd limit your boosting to around 25 psi though ! Your putting a serious amount of load on the crank ! and all the internals... do you know the full spec of the internals to be taking it up that far ???

granted, the turbo can produce the goods, but can the engine take it ?

:)
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Hedgehog Dodger

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

JJ wrote:What sort of question is that ??? a/f ratio is dependant on intake temperatures and most of all, the air flow of the turbo.

15 psi on a small turbo is different to 15 psi on a big turbo - its the mass of air the bigger turbo creates form the larger compressor wheel will delivery more mass... which evidently you'll need more fuel.

850cc's are usually plenty fine for a 2 litre application 86mmx86mm... I'd limit your boosting to around 25 psi though ! Your putting a serious amount of load on the crank ! and all the internals... do you know the full spec of the internals to be taking it up that far ???

granted, the turbo can produce the goods, but can the engine take it ?

:)

I get what your saying fella. I have been led to beleive that the internals are forged....what is though thats another questions, also by whom?! I have passed many e-mail to Zeni Tani but I think he has given up as his last e-mail besically said.....we modded that car a long time ago and have forgotton the full spec list!.....so I will pass! I am limiting the boost now to 1.5, as the Turbo is more efficient (so I have been told) at that boost level without the temps getting too high. I need to get the thing fully RR and if i win the lotto tomorrow, I will take the engine apart and tell you.....I will take it apart myself :shock: :cry: :shock: :?

:lol: :D

Return to “Modifications”