Seperate MK's areas?

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Kelvin

Seperate MK's areas?

Post by Kelvin »

The majority of the posts seem to be about the MK2 at the moment, and no offence, but I have absolutely no interest in them.

Whats the thoughts on having MK specific (MK1, MK2 etc) areas, maybe only for Modifications and Mechanical forums?

Kelvin
BenF
Premium Member

Re: Seperate MK's areas?

Post by BenF »

A fair question - it certainly used to crop up on the email list as well.

In a nutshell, we'd like (for the moment) for people to use appropriate titles for their posts - so eg Mk1 stuff has a (mk1) in the title, Mk2 stuff has mk2) etc.

One of the big modifications we're considering implementing here is the facility to setup 'subforums' - so you could have a Mk1 forum, then within that different areas to cover mechanical, electrical etc. Subforums though (if implemented) would be a little way off.

But there's a lot to also be said from learning about one another's experiences with the different Mk's of MR2 - eg frozen handbrake problems common on Mk1s also applies to Mk2s ...
James_Ward

Post by James_Ward »

Could you maybe have a filter to filter posts by mark number? It could default to "all" so you basically see the site as is now, unless you change it.
Jim :)
stevenb

Post by stevenb »

We still share the fondness for an MR2 whatever it's age......I love my mk1 and that's where my interests are but it's a family feeling I get when coming on here......bit like the review they did some time back in 'Banzai'....it was good to see the 3 models side by side.....perhaps that's what's being achieved on here too.... :D
Jon S

Post by Jon S »

BenF wrote:But there's a lot to also be said from learning about one another's experiences with the different Mk's of MR2 - eg frozen handbrake problems common on Mk1s also applies to Mk2s ...

Definately agree with that. A lot of queries are very general that could be answered by knowledgable MK1, Mk2 and Mk3 owners.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Just added some code so subjects should be clearer...you can select your mark and engine type...so All,Mk1,Mk2,M3 & Generic,NA,SC,Turbo
stevel

Post by stevel »

stevenb wrote:We still share the fondness for an MR2 whatever it's age......I love my mk1 and that's where my interests are but it's a family feeling I get when coming on here......bit like the review they did some time back in 'Banzai'....it was good to see the 3 models side by side.....perhaps that's what's being achieved on here too.... :D

=D>
ldavies83

Post by ldavies83 »

probably prefer the Subject method, because separating the forums may split the community. I for one like to reply to the odd Mk2 question if it interests me.

Adding another step to find that information would turn me off.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”