ATS TD06 install help!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nutter

ATS TD06 install help!

Post by nutter »

Hi,

i need a bit of help guys. I'm a bit confused (doesn't take much). This pipe is attached to my engine :

now i was thinking i had to remove this pipe as the ats kit came with a braided replacement, but the the pipe joins the block in two places?? how do i get around this?

Have i connected the pipes properly?

or does the top small braided line connect to one part of the block then the big braided line to the other? If so the big braided line doesn't look long enough (admittedly i haven't tested this theory yet).

Help!

Thanks
paul_h

Re: ATS TD06 install help!

Post by paul_h »

the pipe you show only connects to the block in one place its the main oil feed line to the turbo (small part of the pipe) the other is the return back into the sump (larger size pipe)

Remove the big banjo bolt from the block, you should have an adaptor with your kit that screws into the hole remanining and then a braided hose that fastens onto it and also to the turbo

You should also have a larger diameter hose that fastens onto the return side of the turbo and goes back to the sump again with some kind of adaptor, the greddy kit comes supplied with a rubber return hose but not sure what ATS use.

the pics on here should give you an idea of whats going on

http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 25&start=0

paul
nutter

Re: ATS TD06 install help!

Post by nutter »

Thanks paul thats cleared everything up for me!

Return to “Modifications”