Introductions Area

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

michael

Introductions Area

Post by michael »

How about a section for new members to say hello and post some info about themselves and their car?

As IMOC always used to be about the people it would be nice to ensure we try and build on this, in recent years it seems to have taken a lower priority. With the somewhat clandestine nature of internet forums and it's odd usernames it seems like a good idea to try and get some of the personality back.

On the introduction email you could ask users to call into there first to post a pic and specs of their car and to say hello?
Dave

Re: Introductions Area

Post by Dave »

That's a great idea and easy to implement quickly as well. Just needs a forum called 'Member Profiles' in the 'General' category.

The nice thing about each users 'profile' would be that it would be possible to post a reply! (unlike the old members list)

Y'know, like "Nice wheels, where d'you get 'em?" or "What's that Supra doing on here?" :wink:
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Yeah sounds like a good idea to me. Just checking with one or two of the other admins but I create. Should be done in a few minutes.

Long term a good profile system with guestbook would be my desire.

Regards
Esmond
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Done. I will from now on lock a suggestion that has been completed.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”