Dastek rolling road

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Fizzy

Dastek rolling road

Post by Fizzy »

Booked in for remap @ Dastek uk...somewhere in scotland - anyone else been there?
MR2Mania

Re: Dastek rolling road

Post by MR2Mania »

fizzy. wrote:Booked in for remap @ Dastek uk...somewhere in scotland - anyone else been there?

Yeah, I've been there mate, although just to visit them (I know them all) and to see the place.

AMAZING dyno and facilities, and Gerry is one of the best mappers in the UK. You'll be in great hands... ;)
Corsa Killa

Post by Corsa Killa »

You driving up from wigan mate? Bloody hell, I thought I had a drive through from Glasgow! :shock:

They are top blokes through there, not been through myself *yet*, but ive heard nothing but praise from loads of people ive talked to.

As Dino says, Gerry is very good. Think he used to tune Toyota rally cars or something?

Andy.
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

Corsa Killa wrote:As Dino says, Gerry is very good. Think he used to tune Toyota rally cars or something?

Andy.

He used to tune Touring Cars in South Africa, I heard. Regardless, I'd place him as one of the best 5 tuners in the UK, whether it's with the Unichip or with other ECUs. I got to see him work, and I have to say, he does checks on the car before tuning that I've never seen others do. Having seen what I've seen at their place, I'd have no problem whatsoever in leaving my pride and joy in his hands.
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

for what its worth Dino, it was after us chatting at totb last year that I opted to use them instead of your old 'mates'. Stuart owes you one! And for what its worth, there are several well known local tuners (punn there somewhere) who I dare not entrust my beloved to....
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

fizzy. wrote:for what its worth Dino, it was after us chatting at totb last year that I opted to use them instead of your old 'mates'. Stuart owes you one! And for what its worth, there are several well known local tuners (punn there somewhere) who I dare not entrust my beloved to....

What's your name, mate? I want to put the face to the name! :-)

Yeah, Stuart *does* owe me! ;-)

I might even take a long weekend break up there myself to get Gerry to check out my mapping. I REALLY want to have my car run on that dyno. And besides, Gerry is the Dyno King (what he don't know about dynos ain't worth knowing!).

Just got to think of a way of getting the wife to let me escape for a bit to go to Dastek. :D
Fizzy

Post by Fizzy »

hi dino..

name..nigel jones...had a seriousely shile charge cooler fitted last time we sat down together at owens - big chap (serious diet !!) You know me when you see me! Glad it all worked out 4 u. Im bringin the wife along - duped as a romantic weekend in fife LOL!!! sHE BOUGHT IT ......better than waiting for you to pick us up from town for 2 bloody hours!!!! LOL
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

fizzy. wrote:hi dino..

name..nigel jones...had a seriousely shile charge cooler fitted last time we sat down together at owens - big chap (serious diet !!) You know me when you see me! Glad it all worked out 4 u. Im bringin the wife along - duped as a romantic weekend in fife LOL!!! sHE BOUGHT IT ......better than waiting for you to pick us up from town for 2 bloody hours!!!! LOL

NIGE!!! Yeah, how could I forget you mate!! :D Remember? I liked your idea for having to enter a PIN no to start the car! ;)

Hey, let me know how it goes, and how the blag works out with your wife. THat's exactly what I was planning to do! ROFL!

BTW, that last CC version you've got looks a LOT better! :)

Return to “Modifications”