ST205 CC

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nutter

Re: ST205 CC

Post by nutter »

so not too bad then. What about the throttle body issue? Did you use the celica throttle body and rubber transition? Also where have you located the bov?
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Yes i used the celica bit. The st205 CC has a take off for the bov anyway, just need a short bit of rubber hose to connect it to.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

Mark Edwards wrote:Yes i used the celica bit. The st205 CC has a take off for the bov anyway, just need a short bit of rubber hose to connect it to.

Mark, do you mean you used the ST205 throttle body, or just the "sock"? Yours is a Rev1/2, right?
nutter

Post by nutter »

I took a look at Mark's setup this evening, he has the st205 throttle body (the bit after the throttle hosing. It's plastic??? as opposed to the metal one on the rev2?? Funny setup, he then has a transition hose to go to the cooler.
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

MR2Mania wrote:
Mark Edwards wrote:Yes i used the celica bit. The st205 CC has a take off for the bov anyway, just need a short bit of rubber hose to connect it to.

Mark, do you mean you used the ST205 throttle body, or just the "sock"? Yours is a Rev1/2, right?

I used the term throttle body as thats what a lot of people seem to like to call it, but no, it's just the rubber sock bit that bolts to the stock throttle body with a bit of modification. If you're going this way then it should bolt straight up i think without playing about.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

nutter wrote:I took a look at Mark's setup this evening, he has the st205 throttle body (the bit after the throttle hosing. It's plastic??? as opposed to the metal one on the rev2?? Funny setup, he then has a transition hose to go to the cooler.

There's no plastic there?? It's throttle body to celica hose to CC.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

Mark Edwards wrote:
MR2Mania wrote:

I used the term throttle body as thats what a lot of people seem to like to call it, but no, it's just the rubber sock bit that bolts to the stock throttle body with a bit of modification. If you're going this way then it should bolt straight up i think without playing about.

Mark, that's very good to know. Basically, that means that even on the Rev1/2, you could fit the ST205 "sock" (Toyota Part No 17861-88480) and get an ST205CC to fit, is that correct? It is an ST205CC that you have, right?

BTW, the sock looks rubberised. If your install is like mine, then you remove 2 parts of the throttle assembly (the long tube bit that the normal IC hose clamps over) and a sandwich plate that also bolts to the cam cover, and replace them both with the rubberised sock.

Does this sound like the way you did it, Mark?
JJ

Post by JJ »

you could fit the ST205 "sock" (Toyota Part No 17861-88480) and get an ST205CC to fit, is that correct?

It won't fit direct to the holding down points of the throttle body, I think mark drilled / butchered the sock so the holes would line up ... not problem, but not plug and play.

:)
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Yeah thats right JJ, it's not a straight fit on the rev1/2. I had to drill the holes out a fair bit as they are closer together than on a rev3. Bit of a pain but not impossible. Yes Dino, it is the 205 CC i have, I'd never fit another one though i can tell you! It was a lot of work but the results have been worth it.
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

Mark Edwards wrote:Yeah thats right JJ, it's not a straight fit on the rev1/2. I had to drill the holes out a fair bit as they are closer together than on a rev3. Bit of a pain but not impossible. Yes Dino, it is the 205 CC i have, I'd never fit another one though i can tell you! It was a lot of work but the results have been worth it.

Mate, I can totally relate to what you mean about the difficulties, although mine hinged around doing a JJ (using the stock IC as a rad), and fitting a big enough fan and sensors to measure everything.

Initial impressions are good, although I need to check everything again this weekend, as I ran out of light last time.

Mark. do you have any pics at all? I could add them to the write up I'm gonna do about the install. That way, it might help others with Rev1/2 cars.
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

I have some pics but not really any detailed ones. Which email addy do you want me to send them to?
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs
MR2Mania

Post by MR2Mania »

Mark Edwards wrote:I have some pics but not really any detailed ones. Which email addy do you want me to send them to?

Send them to the last one you used! :)
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Pics sent. :)
xxxx, AM TUNING, sbITs

Return to “Modifications”