Creating more luggage space in an MR2 Mk3

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Andy Champ

Re: Creating more luggage space in an MR2 Mk3

Post by Andy Champ »

genie wrote:
Andy Champ wrote:For me though, the killer with the Mk3 was that I didn't fit. Nor in the new Celica. And yet I fitted nicey in both the old models. Aren't people supposed to be getting taller?

Andy, I take it that you are more than 6 feet tall. Is that correct? I am 5' 11" tall and I fit very comfortably in an MR2 Mk3 with the top down. I have not tried it with the top up, though.

6 ft and 3/4". I often get the impression if I didn't have the 3/4 I'd be OK. Before buying my SW20 I tried MX5 (head touched roof bar) MGF (couldn't get foot on clutch without banging knee on steering wheel) Mitsubish GTO (ditto) FTO (fine for space, but it ain't half noisy) New MR2/Celica (clutch pedal/steering wheel again) scooby (OK, except the kids *almost* fitted. Wanted one where it was clear cut...) old celica (ditto) baby Merc (wife thinks it's an old man's car, and is probably right) and SW20 (bought one!)

Andy
Andy Champ

Post by Andy Champ »

genie wrote:
Andy Champ wrote:For me though, the killer with the Mk3 was that I didn't fit. Nor in the new Celica. And yet I fitted nicey in both the old models. Aren't people supposed to be getting taller?

Andy, I take it that you are more than 6 feet tall. Is that correct? I am 5' 11" tall and I fit very comfortably in an MR2 Mk3 with the top down. I have not tried it with the top up, though.

6 ft and 3/4". I often get the impression if I didn't have the 3/4 I'd be OK. Before buying my SW20 I tried MX5 (head touched roof bar) MGF (couldn't get foot on clutch without banging knee on steering wheel) Mitsubish GTO (ditto) FTO (fine for space, but it ain't half noisy) New MR2/Celica (clutch pedal/steering wheel again) scooby (OK, except the kids *almost* fitted. Wanted one where it was clear cut...) old celica (ditto) baby Merc (wife thinks it's an old man's car, and is probably right) and SW20 (bought one!)

Andy
aaronjb

Post by aaronjb »

See, you plainly don't need more luggage space in a Mk3, there's more than enough room for a weeks shopping:

*blatantly stolen from another ROC member, I'm not that much of an alkie ;)

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”