www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
TTE MR2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Si_Crewe

Feedback Score: 1

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: TTE MR2 Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I suspect this is a common request but still...

Anybody know where I can read about the TTE Mk1 MR2, as seen here: http://www.groupbrally.com/toyota.shtml

I've always been a big fan of the Ford RS200 and I was considering building a replica but, as an MR2 fan, the TTE Mk1 is almost as tasty IMO.
Moustachio
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Go for it!!

btw I have a Manta 400 replica, which is pictured at the top of the page [thumleft]
Si_Crewe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Moustachio wrote:
Go for it!!

btw I have a Manta 400 replica, which is pictured at the top of the page [thumleft]

Always said, if I won the lottery my garage will include a Manta 400 replica.

Just seems like a TTE Mk1 MR2 replica would be cheaper than an RS200 replica and, cos of the way it's built, you'd have lots of leeway for chopping things up in the back to jam in whatever engine could fit.

All a bit of a pipe-dream at the moment to be honest but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. [Wink]
Moustachio
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Well mine started out as a pipe dream, a year later a lot of hard work and money and some major help from friends etc, I'm at the fitting it all back together stage....

I won't clog your thread with my story but if your interested I'll pm you the build thread.
Neil_turbo

Feedback Score: 67

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1.5 Turbo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

a good link on it here

http://web.archive.org/web/20071203011603/www.mr2supercharger.com/WRCkits.html
PW@Woodsport
IMOC Affiliated Company

Feedback Score: 30

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Quote:
you'd have lots of leeway for chopping things up in the back to jam in whatever engine could fit.

On that note pretty much anything will fit in either a transverse or inline orientation.

Feedback Score: 8

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'd be interested in the identity of the mice who were testing the driving position... possible works drivers?

R.
MartG

Feedback Score: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

PW@Woodsport wrote:
Quote:
you'd have lots of leeway for chopping things up in the back to jam in whatever engine could fit.

On that note pretty much anything will fit in either a transverse or inline orientation.

It's getting a 4WD system to fit that would be difficult if you wanted to go for ultimate realism
cartledge_uk

Feedback Score: 6

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

MartG wrote:

It's getting a 4WD system to fit that would be difficult if you wanted to go for ultimate realism

4wd is easy today, just find the running gear from a murcielago [Laughing]
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 7

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Si I've got lots of pics of No.3 rally car if you want them. [thumleft]
MartG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Limeymk1 wrote:

Me too please [Very Happy]
cartledge_uk

Feedback Score: 6

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

MartG wrote:
Limeymk1 wrote:

Me too please [Very Happy]

+1 [Anxious]
Neil_turbo

Feedback Score: 67

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1.5 Turbo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

+2 [thumleft] [Smile]

I'm toying with a similar front end for mine as a fun project when i have the time!
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

From T'internet these are the 2 cars they have in Germany:

I've got a pile of pics of the one with the red Toyota badge, I think most were taken by Richard (Polypedates) when we saw the car at Goodwood. [thumleft]

There's another white one in Japan.
MartG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I thought they'd only built 2 - one black one and one white one. The two in those pics seem to differ in a few ways - maybe one of them is a copy ?
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

MartG wrote:
I thought they'd only built 2 - one black one and one white one. The two in those pics seem to differ in a few ways - maybe one of them is a copy ?

Nope, according to the driver of the car at Goodwood (worked at TTE) they build 11 in total with a both longitudinal and transverse mounted engines. When the rally group was scrapped they were told to dismantle all the cars but they saved those 2 in Germany and Toyota kept 1 in Japan.

The car with no Toyota badges has a longitudinal engine IIRC, the car with the badges has transverse.

I'd love to go and have a mooch round both of them. Someday I'll organise a road trip for a look round.
monkeymax

Feedback Score: 8

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'd join that road trip... [Wink]
Chris, I'd also love a copy of the pics if poss? I can also offer a hosting solution on my webserver if you need it - just PM me.
Si_Crewe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Limeymk1 wrote:

Sure, love to see em. You have a flickr/photobucket account or summat?
Alternatively, can you email em to me?

I'm trying to work out how you'd go about building one.
I figure you could purchase DTM-style wide-arches and nail em to a Mk1 body and end up with something that looked similar but I have no idea how you'd go about creating a proper one-piece rear end.

Looking at it, I guess the shape isn't really that complex. It'd just be a case of creating a fibreglass "box" (supported by a tubular frame) then grafting on the wheelarches, spoiler and rear screen.

I think I'd probably chicken out of building a one-piece nose though.

Alternatively, are there already fibreglass front and rears available for the Mk1?

Thing is, at some point I want to build myself a hillclimb/track-day car.
I always figured something like a Stratos replica would be ideal because the removeable front and rear sections would mean it'd be dead easy to work on.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I'll download them all to my photobucket account this evening and post a link once I've remembered how to get into it. [thumleft]

The backends are completely different to the stock Mk1 as you can see, I think the only thing that's 'stock' is the cabin section.

Si you can get fibreglass front wings from here http://www.honeybournemouldings.co.uk/frontwings.htm. The rear section's going to have to be a completely custom job, 'tis the reason I'm pretty convinced the other car in the pic isn't a copy. [Think]

Max, how does next summer sound?
Jaspa
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Feedback Score: 14

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Limeymk1 wrote:
Max, how does next summer sound?

Someone mention Roadtrip??? [Whistle]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: