Reverse modding (of sorts)

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

hobbes

Reverse modding (of sorts)

Post by hobbes »

Guys

Just picked up my first very first MR2 (turbo version). Everything seems peachy with it, but it's going in for a check next week just to be on the safe side.

There's been extra 'stuff' added to the car - but taken out again before it was shiped over here and I'm trying to work out what it's likely to have been in case it's not being there anymore is having a detremental effect on the engine.

There's about an 8-10mm hole drilled in the windscreen pillar plastic near the bottom with a little 2mm hole just below it (boost gauge?). There's also another 2mm hole at the top of the plastic (turbo timer?). There's also yet another grub screw type hole slightly back from interior lights in the headlining which I'm clueless about (but it couldn't have been very heavy). On the tunnel beside the ashtray there's a little sticker which shows you where all the gears are (the same as on the top of the gear-knob). Didn't pay it much attention at the time, and I was just going to pick it off, but on closer inspection I noticed it also says 'TOMs' on it. Do they do gearboxes? If they do (and I've got one) is that a Brucie bonus or are they rubbish?

Oh, one last thing - it came with a fag lighter that isn't a fag lighter. It's got a hole in the end of it that's big enough to drop something about cigarette sized down into - and it's got springs & things inside.

Cheers

Steven

Return to “Modifications”