www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Painstaking Project
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles -> Project Cars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TNM

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

that engine is pure sex.
greeny

Feedback Score: 15

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

V8Killer wrote:

Car goes to Adrian for live mapping on Monday.

Any good? [Smile]
V8Killer

Feedback Score: 19

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

greeny wrote:
V8Killer wrote:

Car goes to Adrian for live mapping on Monday.

Any good? [Smile]

Its at Adrian's as we speak. I guess he'll start mapping at some point today! Hopefully am trying to make the 1st of July dyno day in Surrey to get an idea of power!
splashnatz

Feedback Score: 10

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

wondering if you've had a chance to drive the car since it went for mapping ? how does it feel if you have ?

looking forward to seeing your dyno results.
V8Killer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

splashnatz wrote:
wondering if you've had a chance to drive the car since it went for mapping ? how does it feel if you have ?

looking forward to seeing your dyno results.

He's building the map up slowly from scratch, hence the delay. But from what i hear its like a kitten until you start getting towards 10psi plus, when it turns into an absolute animal! Plus the weather ain't been too good as of late and i have yet to have the racelogic TC installed. The tyres also ain't exactly wet weather tyres (Yokohama A048-Rs).

Will keep you all updated [Smile]
V8Killer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Update...

Car is now doing half a bar of boost on the new setup. Sounds insane under boost. Sounds like no other built MR2 i've heard and pulls real strong, even with half a bar of boost. Spool is fantastic for a modded / ported GT35R ... 7.5psi at 2800rpm. Its done about 250 miles now.

Can't get it to idle around 1000rpm , but thats possibly to do with the cams duration and lift. At 1200rpm though it idles fine. We'll probably re-degree the cams to sort this. Need to make slight adjustment to the the throttle pot too. At the moment that go fast pedal is mega sensitive.

Next...progressively get a bar of boost in.

Watch this space!
EarL
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

What cams did you use Mhusin?

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
V8Killer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

EarL wrote:
What cams did you use Muhsin?

Piper 272 / 12.1mm
Tim-B

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

are you using a larger aftermarket, intake and throttle body mate? if so what are the velocities like at idle?

When you say it won't idle does the revs just drop and cut out instead of holding at 1000rpm?

Tim
EarL
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Tim-B wrote:
are you using a larger aftermarket, intake and throttle body mate? if so what are the velocities like at idle?

When you say it won't idle does the revs just drop and cut out instead of holding at 1000rpm?

Tim

Beat me to it Tim... [Laughing]

Also, what size injectors?
Tim-B

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

lol,

i'm only wandering as i've found that with certain designs of high flow manifolds the velocities slow down that much you end up with overfueling as it puts it into a funny part of the map and think that throttle is being applied, or it leans out as the velocities are to low and stops the fuel mixing properly.

The other thing i found is that the idle control valve sometimes doesn't flow enough air to keep it running on idle alone. As a temperary thing i've had to add a tiny bit of mechanical idle just to keep it steady at 1000rpm.

Just some ideas, but i'm sure its in good hands anyway.

Tim
Leakie Tbar

Feedback Score: 18

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hux Racing or was it chris k made a tb adapter plate fir idle control valve

I am using a Q45 TB
V8Killer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

1000cc injectors / ChrisK manifold / 75mm throttle body

No idle control valve, Adrian does idle purely via ignition and fuel trimming.

Turns out there is too much overlap dialed in on the cams, so we'll probably just turn it back abit.

Above 1200 it runs sweet as a nut.

Idles rough at 1000rpm (doesn't die), which would be fine for most people, but not for me.
Tim-B

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ah i see.

i said about idle control valve because when using the standard throttle body the butterfly completely closes so all air should come through the control valve.

I take it the TB your using has a perforated butterfly disk? or bypass air ways?

Tim
Jimbob

Feedback Score: 4

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Probably just adjust it to sit slightly open all the time?

That engine is looking a bit boring, couldn't you have used decent hoses [Wink]

Pretty dam nice lookin actually. You got any pics of where the turbo outlet comes out, its under the shadow of that 'kin grut CC [Shocked] The induction on the drivers side worked really well for me when I had a border style setup, plus you get to hear it better [Very Happy]
GTS GAV

Feedback Score: 13

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

what ever happend to this thread???
cantfindausername

Feedback Score: 62

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

This happened: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=125257
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles -> Project Cars All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: