Wheel alignment

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

docwra

Wheel alignment

Post by docwra »

Morning,

Taking the missus' Mk3 for a 4 wheel alignment check today as Im convinced the wheels are pointing in 4 different directions. :lol:

Were getting camber and toe checked - is it recommended to go zero all round or is a bit of toe/camber recommended?

Cheers :)
HighwayStar

Re: Wheel alignment

Post by HighwayStar »

Well you'll have to have some toe in at the front if you want to go in a straight line...
Seriously there should be standard Mr T settings somewhere (maybe the manual). If mk3s are anything like mk2s they are very susceptible to geo set up.... maybe call the place you intend to go and ask if they have 'standard' settings to work to?

R.
docwra

Post by docwra »

Dont really want to assume that they have settings if I can find some, and Ive never seen a manual with alignment information in it - I may be wrong mind you :D

It feels a lot more susceptible to geometry than my other cars (350Z, 306 GTI-6, a few Nissan 200's) so I was looking for a bit of real life experience if possible :thumleft:

Cheers for the reply though :thumleft:
excalibur1814

Nooo

Post by excalibur1814 »

Took my car to two different places and experienced wobble after. Went back to one place three times and each time they'd have another go.

Took it to Toyota... Done.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Wouldn't trust Toyota to clean my car let alone do the geo....
excalibur1814

..Well..

Post by excalibur1814 »

Maybe the Llandudno one is good at that, but I know that they also rip off old people as I've been waiting and really, really wanted to say something to an old chap. They were getting him for tyres, same thing they did to me. I just ignore them and get what I want.

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”