JAE 2009 comments and reports

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: JAE 2009 comments and reports

Post by Lauren »

oukie wrote:T
So Lauren before you start get your sums right :evil:

My beef is not with you Oukie. Nor with the Mk1s that were there. My beef is with the organisational side of the mk1 club who were simply not there.

I spoke to Ken Salmon about this on Sunday. Where were all the mk1 club committee members?

We had to buy pre-sold tickets off the mk1 club because they had sold so few tickets. There was no input from mk1 club committee members in terms of their input to the stand and everything. Instead we relied on those well known and well liked mk1 club members like Bill Hulme et al.

The number of mk1's there is not what I was talking about, as after all most are IMOC members as well, it was more the seemingly complete disinterest from those 'running' the mk1 club and this frustration was shared by myself and Ken Salmon with whom I had a long chat with when the GP was on.

So please don't think i'm having a pop at you, because honestly i'm not. :hug:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

oukie wrote:Also whilst im on my high horse :lol:

They may not have been many mk1's but at least we bothered to come in a MR2

We don't own an MR2 anymore so it would have been a tad difficult!
unowho

Post by unowho »

Lauren wrote:

My beef is not with you Oukie. Nor with the Mk1s that were there. My beef is with the organisational side of the mk1 club who were simply not there.

I spoke to Ken Salmon about this on Sunday. Where were all the mk1 club committee members?

We had to buy pre-sold tickets off the mk1 club because they had sold so few tickets. There was no input from mk1 club committee members in terms of their input to the stand and everything. Instead we relied on those well known and well liked mk1 club members like Bill Hulme et al.

The number of mk1's there is not what I was talking about, as after all most are IMOC members as well, it was more the seemingly complete disinterest from those 'running' the mk1 club and this frustration was shared by myself and Ken Salmon with whom I had a long chat with when the GP was on.

I stated from the very begining Jinxy and I would not be there and the reason being.....
I refused to give up my personal holdiay time from work, which was booked well before JAE date was announced and quite frankly what I do with my personal holiday time is my business and my business alone.
Proud Mk2 owner
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

unowho wrote:
I stated from the very begining Jinxy and I would not be there and the reason being.....
I refused to give up my personal holdiay time from work, which was booked well before JAE date was announced and quite frankly what I do with my personal holiday time is my business and my business alone.

Sure it's your business, but you'd think a national events organiser might spare a bit of time for what is the biggest jap show of the year. What I couldn't work out is why whoever is left on the mk1 club committee these days out of the active members didn't put any effort in whatsoever to make it or become involved in the setup of the show.

I didn't take any holiday, just went down on Saturday and came back Sunday.

Lucky we have Scott really isn't it for your sake as well, who did it all for you. :+:
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

benedwards64 wrote:

I think there were about 6 or 7 of us, if you include me buying my ticket on the door. Still hardly a great turnout though. What disappointed me more was the number of Mk1s who aren't Mk1 club members - I always though the two clubs had a good relationship :?

Not really, there is some "beef" around. A number of the mk1 owners wont join the mk1 club for various different reasons, its a shame really.

I'm gutted I missed JAE, but had things that came up that weekend that had to be delt with then. Also, I only have the volvo running, sad times :cry:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Lauren wrote:

Ok I dont take it as a dig at me persay BUT.

I think there was alot of things that caused differant things that contributed to the poor show from a mk1 club point of view,

Can I just say IMOC didn't HAVE to buy any tickets from the mk1 club, Dont get me wrong it was appreciated,

But the poor sales was some people on the mk1 club side of things, Not just commitee members but several other members, Stuart the club chairman was coming I even had his ticket with me but he was taken ill on Sat morning and phoned me to apologise in person that he would not be coming.

I was trying to help orgainse things from the mk1club side of things and liase with Scott (IMOC)

So if it was a bit cr@p that was pretty much down to me (in my defence it was the first time ive ever done anything like that)

We managed to put on a mk1 show and shine (bit of fun)

We had merchandise

We had Flags

We also had 2 large banners (which we elected to not put up cause IMOC never had any)

I was there by just after 10am on friday morning and never left until after 2pm on Sunday (this was mainly down to the amount of Lewis loving going on :lol: )

I got there early to try and help set up but Scott and a few others had already done ALL the work :shock: I was aiming to go on the thursday but due to a work colleage injuring himself I spent most of the day up A+E and never got home till 10.30 pm :shock:

In the end the ONLY tickets that Scott had were the one's I posted to him as the bulk of IMOC's tickets were late in turning up.

I Guess I got a bit miffed cause I worked pretty hard to organise stuff and I thought that it went ok, BUT remember alot of the IMOC members are also mk1club members

Chris.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
Ben

Post by Ben »

cartledge_uk wrote:
benedwards64 wrote:

I think there were about 6 or 7 of us, if you include me buying my ticket on the door. Still hardly a great turnout though. What disappointed me more was the number of Mk1s who aren't Mk1 club members - I always though the two clubs had a good relationship :?

Not really, there is some "beef" around. A number of the mk1 owners wont join the mk1 club for various different reasons, its a shame really.

I think that was what I'm getting at tbh. There's a lot of active Mk1 owners on here that it would be great to have on both clubs.

Can't be helped though - everyone has there reasons and to be honest this sin't really the place to go into it! :lol:

Massive thanks once again to the organisers though - I'm definitely there next year and I hope MR2 village is still planned :thumleft:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

We really appreciate all your efforts Oukie, it didn't go unnoticed. :+:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

cartledge_uk wrote:

I'm gutted I missed JAE, but had things that came up that weekend that had to be delt with then. Also, I only have the volvo running, sad times :cry:

The thing is maybe the mk1 club need to look at why that might be I guess.
System-G

Post by System-G »

Keeping with tradition (being late):

A belted big thanks to Scott for all your hard work on this event :thumleft:
Thanks to ROC for helping us with getting in and all the help with setup etc... :thumleft:

We only turned up on saturday evening after working the day at Rockingham and had a really good night. As always it was good seeing old faces and meeting new.

Sunday was more of a recovery day after getitng to bed after 11 cans of stella Haribo vodka and a cigar at a little after 3am... Another record for me as I usually fall asleep afte rthe 5th can :eye:

Bring on next year :thumleft:
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220

Return to “JAE 2009”